Search

Learning Spanish in Quito

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 06:02 PM
Al

Learning Spanish in Quito

Where is a good place to learn Spanish in Quito? I plan to spend about 2 or 3 weeks in Quito, and I am looking for a one-on-one intensive Spanish program.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 04:03 AM
jeri

/I have been using this site for other places in mexico.www.nrcsa.com. Also try a search on google.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 04:10 AM
jeri

Also, on this fodors site, put in quito in the "text search" at the top. THere are a whole number of quito conversations and some relate to the school question.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 01:33 PM
ally

i have been taking spanish at bipo and tonys. so far i think that the quality of teaching is excellent and the building is pretty and in a safe neighborhood. i booked this on line. they do group and one one one.

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 02:14 PM
Amelia

I am going to Academia Latinoamericana in the fall. It's a more academic school and it's affiliated with the University of Southern Mississippi.

Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 04:44 PM
Jules

I´ve just completed 3 weeks at the Academia Latinoamericana. As a complete beginner Ive been very please with how much Ive learned. The school is very professional and the 3 teachers I had (they change each week) were all extremely competant. They also arranged a homestay for me that was very successful, 10 mins walk from the school with a very nice family. i recommend the school.

Old Mar 31st, 2003, 10:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I took a course in January through the Simon Bolivar school and I can *HIGHLY* recommend them. Super friendly with top-notch teachers and a lot of fun extracurricular activities.<BR><BR>Prices are very affordable (though they are at all the schools). What I liked about Simon Bolivar was the focused approach that took into account what you knew and how fast you learned. All the classes are one-on-one.<BR><BR>Simon Bolivar has a web site at www.simon-bolivar.com<BR><BR>I can also recommend tons of lodging options nearby...<BR><BR>Have fun!<BR>Mark<BR><BR>