La Paloma rooms

Old Jul 8th, 2004, 12:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
La Paloma rooms

Thinking of going to La Paloma for our trip since Bosque appears to be full except for a room below someone's office. those who have been there is there a big difference beweent the standard and deluxe. Are the sunset ranchos worth the extra price? We want something nice because we are so disappointed that Bosque is full. Leaving in three weeks. Help. Please.
Old Jul 8th, 2004, 06:33 PM

are you refering to the La paloma in Uruguay.????
Old Jul 8th, 2004, 09:56 PM
Original Poster

No, This is a Costa Rica site. I am referring to a lodge in Costa Rica.
Old Jul 9th, 2004, 04:34 AM

karenski - just a FYI...a lot of people, including myself, read the Latin American threads as a whole, therefore there is no distinction as to what part of it you are referring to. If you put CR in your post title or at least in your post it will help in the future.
Old Jul 9th, 2004, 05:41 AM
bd

I stayed at La Paloma a few years ago, and while I loved the place, the standard room we had was pretty basic. It was open-air, so we shared it with a lot of critters. There was a mosquito net available, but the only way to hang it ended up being about 5 inches above our faces. I never saw the sunset ranchos, but I've read here in the past that people highly recommend them, so if I were you I'd pay the extra price. In any case, I hope you have a great trip!!
Old Jul 9th, 2004, 12:48 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the information. Did you enjoy your stay? Anyone else have any comments of La Paloma rooms?
Old Jul 9th, 2004, 04:30 PM

Stayed at La Paloma a couple of years ago - it was the highlight of our trip. The rooms are open air but the mosquito netting was more than sufficient. The walls, ceilings and floors are all hardwood and I felt like we were really at a tropical paradise. The manager (can't remember her name, may have been Michele) was wonderful and upgraded us to the sunset suites which were also open air and had the most fabulous water views and were very private.(They may automatically upgrade if the suites are available.) She also made some travel arrangements for us that saved us a lot of time and money. I can't say enough good things about her as she really went out of her way. The staff were very knowledgeable and helpful. Never me the owners as they were away and the daughter was running things. She was not real friendly. The food was pretty bad.