Search

ixtapa vs puerto vallarta

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27th, 2006, 05:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ixtapa vs puerto vallarta

we would like to go to mexico in 2007 and would like to know which is the better place to go - ixtapa or puerto vallarta. We are both 60 so night life is not an issue. restaurants, beach, markets etc. Thanks cathp
Old Feb 27th, 2006, 07:27 AM

I have traveled to both I personally love Puerto Vallarta having been thee many many times only went to Ixtapa once, it's very hard to get to from the East Coast. That said I love the town in Puerto Vallarta with it's vibrant activity Ixtapa is very samll need to go to the town called Zijuantaneo which is a nice bus or cab ride from Ixtapa. The weather is perfect in both places from November thru May with Ixtapa being a little warmer. Either one is wonderful. Have a nice trip let me know which one you decide on.
Old Feb 27th, 2006, 08:06 AM

Again Butsy we must disagree. Travel to Zihua has become much easier as more & more lines are flying in there. Unfortunately along with this will come more development making more like your first Love PV. So hurry down before it becomes a congested, over priced, polluted place over run by Time Share Ghouls like PV has so sadly become.
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 12:41 PM

I agree Stewbear P.V. has become quite congested however that said I still love the area and after going all these yrs. 17 to be exact sometime 2 & 3x a year I still love it. I notice that it has become much more turisty than it was and the prices are much higher but it feels like home to me besides I have Mexican friends who are like a partof our family. I loved Ixtapa but like I said before 2 many stops to get there from Philadelphia. Well what the heck I love anywhere I am on vacation.
Old Mar 6th, 2006, 05:43 PM

I too have been to Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, and PV. Ixtapa is very different from PV. Zihua is very old and quaint, but dirtier and the shops not quite as nice. It is still interesting. I don't find Ixtapa as exciting or with as much to offer as PV. It pretty much is just a resort. The town is nothing to talk about. So if you like a beautiful beach and your hotel food, you'll be happy. You would have to taxi over to Zihua for the real flavor of Mexico. But Old town PV and Centro PV have it all within walking distance. PV has fabulous restaurants and they are many. The beach may be nicer than Ixtapa, but to me PV is still a great beach area.
Old Mar 6th, 2006, 05:44 PM

I mean the beach in Ixtapa may be nicer that PV. But PV beaches are fine.