isla mujeres vs pdc

Oct 17th, 2003, 10:32 AM
Original Poster

isla mujeres vs pdc

My girlfriend and I were thinking of one of the two places. We love beautiful beaches, snorkeling, maybe even diving. Good restaurants. Some night life. Are these two areas close to one another? Thanks for any responses.
Oct 17th, 2003, 11:03 AM

Hi. We took a trip to the Yucatan a couple years ago and stayed both in PDC and Isla Mujeras (among other places). It is easy to get around in the Yucatan, via buses, etc. (I've heard Cozumel is also nice.) We loved both PDC (for its beautiful beaches and restaurants/shopping) and Isla Mujeres, for its beauty (and moped riding!). If I went back to the Yucatan I'd want to visit both places again, no question. My fondest memories of that trip are riding a moped throughout Isla Mujeres. Stunning scenery. Can't speak much about nightlife because I don't remember much in either place, except for dining out & a few bars, but they are both great places to visit and I recommend them. Isla Mujeres also has a very nice beach.
Oct 17th, 2003, 12:10 PM
Original Poster

ocwriter, thanks for the quick reply. sounds great. We were thinking of a hotel on the island. We'll be there December 3 so I may take the chance and wait until we're there to book a room. I'm guessing there will be rooms available there at that time. Thanks again.
Oct 17th, 2003, 04:31 PM

Having stayed both places I would give IM the highest rating for beach (Norte)
Snorkeling and good cheap food. PDC has some good hotel deals on off season.
PDC has better shopping.
Be sure to visit www.isla-mujeres.net
Also we do a 26 page "newbie" brochure on Isla M. designed to give a huge helping hand to the first time visitor.
If you would like us to e-mail you a copy just request it
[email protected]
Oct 18th, 2003, 11:41 PM

Check out the Shangri la hotel in Playa del Carmen. It's on a beautifil beach just north of town and within walking distance. (topless ok on beach) They have a good dive shop on site that can take you diving or snorkeling. Isla Mujeres has a little better beach snorkeling, but Playa has way more to do at night. It's a small town. but has a healthy nightlife. You can also catch a ferry from there to Cozumel. Have fun.