Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Is there a way to go from Puerto Vallarta/San Jose del Cabo ?'s Westin Regina/Cabo or Four Seasons Punta Mita?

Search

Is there a way to go from Puerto Vallarta/San Jose del Cabo ?'s Westin Regina/Cabo or Four Seasons Punta Mita?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28th, 2004, 08:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are there any good, reasonable ways to travel between these two? Is one nicer than the other? If you had to pick between staying at the Westin Regina in San Jose del Cabo or Four Seasons in Punta Mita with 11 yr. old which would be better?
Old Nov 28th, 2004, 09:01 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I can't think of a way between the two except to fly, unless you have access to a boat.

Punta Mita is in quite an isolated setting about 1+ hour north of Puerto Vallarta. So entertainment for you and the 11 yr. old would most likely come solely from what the resort offers.
Old Nov 29th, 2004, 12:52 PM

As Suze says, flying is the only way - even with a boat it takes about 30 hours.

The Westin in Cabo is in between CSL and SJdelC so to go into either is a bit of a drive - closer to
SJdelC though...
Having visited the two - the Four Seasons Punta Mita only a few weeks ago - as far as setting and surroundings go - I would pick the Four Seasons.
Both actually have incredibly beautiful locations in very different ways - I am just more prone to green over desert. Punta Mita isn't fully developed yet but there are still lots of things to do along the north shore of the bay without going all the way to PV town. You can also head north to Sayulita and San Francisco, both great small towns to visit.

I would also think there is more to do with an 11 year old in PV than in CSL - lived in PV for almost 2 years and loved it and we lived in CSL for only 3 months - couldn't stand it and had to get out - great place for a visit but it tends to be "Spring Breakish" most of the time.

PV would have more adventure and cultural stuff to do and way better dining experiences there than in CSL... yes it'a a bit of a drive in and out of the resort... but not that bad - it's at least a 30 minute drive into CSL from Westin if I remember right...

Check out www.virtualvallarta.com for info on what to see and do around PV.

Anyway, that's my two-bits worth...

Cheers,
Andrew
Old Nov 29th, 2004, 01:30 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I guess you could conceivable rent a car in Cabo, drive over to La Paz, take the ferry from La Paz to Mazatlan, then drive down the coast to PV... but I wasn't guessing that's what this poster had in mind!
Old Nov 29th, 2004, 03:33 PM
Original Poster

Thanks - Guess since there is no easy way from one area to another, we will have to pick staying at either the Westin Regina In San Jose del Cabo or the Four Seasons in Punta Mita. I have read the beach at the Westin is not swimable - what about at the Four Seasons?