Is Air Conditioning Really Needed

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 01:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is is really necessary to have air conditioning in Placencia in May. I see most places don't offer it? Thanks
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 04:51 PM

We were in Placencia a few years ago in either February or March (can't remember which month specifically) and it was hot, hot, hot. Our room faced the midday sun and there was no breeze and the fan just didn't cut it. Maybe it was abnormally hot, I don't know, but I didn't enjoy it.
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 05:23 AM

If where you are staying is situated so that it catches the prevailing breeze from the water, it can be pleasant, though May is hotter than many months.<BR><BR> Air conditioning is desirable if you are not used to tropical weather, but only the more expensive places have it (electricity in Belize is three to four times more costly than in the U.S.)<BR><BR>--Lan Sluder<BR>www.belizefirst.com
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 03:18 PM

Why would you go on vacation to a tropical destination without an air conditioner. Don't make yourself miserable - or take a chance. Good luck.
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 04:22 PM

How necessary air conditioning is really depends on your heat tolerance. We just returned from a wonderful trip to Costa Rica, and spent four days on the beautiful Osa Peninsula in Costa Rica. Certainly no a/c there, but with the windows open and a ceiling fan, we were very comfortable. But, we hardly ever run our air conditioning at home. As soon as I turn on the a/c at home, it suddenly becomes too hot outside. If I leave it off, I enjoy my lawn and garden a heck of alot more.
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 04:35 AM

I posted a couple of notes back. Most of the time we don't have A/C when we travel. For example, we just got back from Mexico and only had A/C on the last night. The rest of the time we had fans only and that was fine. We usually don't spend a lot on accommodation and A/C usually isn't offered. However, I did find it very hot in Belize - as I said, maybe it was unusual that we didn't have a breeze.
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 05:14 AM

May is our hottest month and I'd think you would be much more comfortable with ac. Or ceiling fans at the very least.<BR>