Search

Presidente Intercontinental

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 04:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Presidente Intercontinental

Brilliance of the seas will be docking in Cozumel for the day - would be interested in going to this resort for the day for lunch, snorkling and swimming. Interested if anyone has been and if they charge or don't if you go for lunch.
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 05:09 AM

The hotel facilities are private and for the use of guests only. (You can go for lunch though.)<BR>I think that you would like going to a park called Chankanaab that has great snorkeling, two restaurants that serve very good grilled seafood and icy buckets of beer. They have chairs and shade palapas, showers and lockers, and equipment for rent if you need it.<BR>(The only cost is to get into the park and rental of the lockers or equipment if you need it.)<BR>There is food and beverage service to the chairs, so you can have a cool drink while you relax.<BR>We always leave our stuff on the chairs while diving or snorkeling, and have never had a problem.<BR>There is a very nice botanical garden on site, iguanas wandering around, a beautiful lagoon and they have things to see while snorkeling - statues, etc. - sunken in the water.<BR>We've stayed at the Presidente every year for 10 years, so we know the hotel policy. I've seen management ask non-guests to leave. <BR>Since you have so little time on the island, you would want to stay somewhere you know you can relax and have fun with lots to see and do.
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 11:28 AM
Original Poster

It's too bad about the Presidente. I have already pre-contacted a much more upscale resort on another one of our Port stops and they were gracious about extending a vist, lunch and day at their beach. We plan on going to Chankanaab but were looking to go to a resort for afew hows in the afternoon.
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 01:25 PM

I'd be interested in knowing what &quot;much more upscale&quot; resort allows non-guests to lounge about the grounds using facilities that their guests are paying a premium for.<BR>The Presidente is gated and the beach is available only by boat.<BR>Even most of the less impressive resorts have private grounds, and I personally think hanging around a property's grounds and thinking buying lunch there justifies it is tacky.<BR>The place would be overrun every time the cruise ships hit town if everyone who wanted to &quot;go to the reosrt for the day&quot; showed up.
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 05:52 AM
Original Poster

I should just ignore you remarks about us being tacky. For if anything we could very well not have taken the cruise and stayed at a place like Presidente. We have never been to Cozumel and wanted to check out a place we might consider going to if we were to go back. We have visited places and in turn have gone back as guests many times because of finding out what it is like. We are very well traveled and have stayed as guests in upscale properties all over the world. In the caribbean, we have generally gone to islands that DONT have cruise ships dock. Maybe islands that do can be different. I was just courteously asking ahead of time because it is not uncommon to be a guest at a nice property and go visit other properties on your vacation.To be honest I have been to probably alot nicer than Presidente and could just assume skip it.
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 06:44 AM

I am sure the staff at Presidente would be more than happy to give you a tour of the entire property including rooms if you went to lunch and indicated you were interested in possibly returning to the island and staying at the hotel.<BR>That is not what you asked in your original post. <BR>You said &quot;would be interested in going to this resort for the day for lunch, snorkling (sic) and swimming.&quot;<BR>I explained that the resort does not permit that and pointed you toward another option. <BR>If you have stayed at upscale properties, you would know that the grounds/amenities are always for guest use only. <BR>I know that some of the less exclusive resorts allow one to pay a day fee (like Atlantis, I think is $85.00 per day) and use the facilities and beach.<BR>I never said you are tacky. I said, &quot;hanging around a property's grounds and thinking buying lunch there justifies it is tacky.&quot;<BR>btw, there IS no property on Cozumel nicer than the Presidente...<BR><BR>