Search

Iguana Lodge Osa Peninsula

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20th, 2005, 06:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iguana Lodge Osa Peninsula

My partner and I are scheduled to stay here the first of April. After sending 1/2 deposit, I see on Trip Advisor that the "secluded bungalows" the Iguana Lodge shows on its website are actually duplexes where one can hear fellow in next room sneeze. Is this true? I appreciate any info, as we may want to reduce the amount of days scheduled to stay there. Thanks.
Old Mar 21st, 2005, 05:02 AM

The bungalows are indeed a 2 story structure - one room up and one down. All bungalows have screened in bedrooms with private baths, and balcony or porch. So yes, due to the fact that the walls are screen, I would expect you could hear your up or downstairs neighbors.

When we were there in Feb, I had requested an upstairs room, which were all full at the time. They put us in Jasmine, which is a 2 story structure, more for a group or family. One BR up, one down, with the bathroom on the ground floor.

If you are interested in seeing pictures of Jasmine, click on my screen name, look near the end of Feb and you should find where I posted a link for these pictures.
Old Mar 21st, 2005, 05:04 AM

They are up and down duplexes. I have only stayed on the top floor so can't say how the sounds are on the bottom. They aren't totally secluded but I can't say that I had any problem with noises from other guests. There is a space between the buildings with trees and plantings. I would request an upper room if available for the breezes and views. How long do you have planned there?

To put it in perspective...Lapa Rios (one of the most expensive places in CR) has duplexes also. They are side by side and when on the private deck we could hear every word from the people next door. At Peace Lodge we could hear the people next door talking quite clearly after we went to bed.
Old Mar 21st, 2005, 07:52 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your info. We are there for 7 nights. Just heard from Iguana Lodge today. They said we would be in "downstairs for 3 nights & upstairs for 4, so that everyone would get to experience the good rooms." Not exactly what we had hoped or what was promised on the website. We're holding out for top floor & no moving rooms during our vacation!
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 03:40 AM

hi joaniebo,

if you can switch lodges, check out www.osaviva.com and take a look at el remanso and bosque del cabo. we will be there april 5 and 6 in bosque and april 7 in el remanso; then back to s.j. for tabacon resort for 3 nights.

any recommendations for an inexpensive hotel near s.j. airport for our first night on april 4 would be appreciated. we just need a safe, clean place to spend the night and quick departure next morning on sansa at 6 a.m to puerto jiminez on osa peninsula.

thanks,

keith and susan
memphis