I'm looking for info on Cancun

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31st, 2003, 08:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I am planning to go to Cancun this October with 2 other couples (Adults only). We all have small children and are just looking for a great time away. We all like to drink, dance, stay out late. The age ranges are 35-40. Does anyone have any suggestions on night life, booze cruises and other fun activities? Thanks.
Old Jul 31st, 2003, 09:13 AM

The only booze cruise we saw was a pirate dinner cruise that we chose not to go on.
Cancun is pretty much one big party 24/7, so you will have no problems finding someplace to go.
There is pretty much music to suit every taste and bars from dives to super fancy NY and LA style dance clubs.
Since I don't know what you're looking for, I can't really recommend anything.
Best to ask the concierge at your hotel and let him/her point you in the right direction.
Old Jul 31st, 2003, 10:28 AM
me

Have to add that Cancun party scenes are plenty , but mostly for the ages group of 20s.
Old Jul 31st, 2003, 05:53 PM

I would recommend a restaurant called Perricos. (spelling?) Most people know where it is located. We took a cab. It is a fun place to eat and out of the ordinary. Highly recommend it. We took a booze cruise that left from the Downtown area. When you get to Cancun, I would just ask at the front desk and I am sure they will have ample info.
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 06:30 AM

If you are leaving the kids behind, you may want to consider an Adults only resort like Golden Crown Paradise. Newly renovated, all-inclusive, and no kids in the buffet line! We stayed there in March and enjoyed the pool and beach tremendously!
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 06:32 PM

I recommend a few wonderful restaurants downtown: La Parrilla and La Placita, both on Avenida Yaxchilan, and Sasha's Bistro on Avenida Nader. All have great food and are not expensive.
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 06:06 PM

No matter wich resort you pick, there will almost be kids free because in October all of them are in vacations. I do think that all inclusive are great, at Cancún try the Gran Caribe Real, Presidente Intercontinental or Gran Oasis (no kids allowded) For fun at night try Dady'O, Hard Rock Café, Margarita Ville, the new one at hotel zone with restaurant, lounge and disco Glass at the Isla shoping center and the Tres elementos at downtown. For fun at day try the trip to Isla Mujeres at Trimaran Lupita or an romantic overnight in the middle of the jungle at Chichen in Mayaland Bungalows, withe to [email protected] or visit them at www.graylinecancun.com Almost for the same price of a refular chichen Itzá tour you can spend a night there, be sure to ask for the Bungalows with your private swimming pool.
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 04:58 AM

For a night out, try Daddy O or Daddy Rock, Senor Frogs for dinner and some drinks, Fat Tuesday for frozen drinks, PErricos for dinner, or try something downtown where the prices are cheaper and you get more home-cooked food. The bus takes you right downtown and there are plenty of restaurants that have their plates and menus for you to peruse through.