What to do in Cancun?

Old Jul 14th, 2005, 11:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to do in Cancun?

Hi All,I'm new to Fodors so here goes My drinking buddy and I will be in Cancun for 5 days in early Aug.So we need something to do every nite after a day at beach.I was told to do the booz cruise any infor. on that cruise? what about the other 3 nites HELP and THANKS
Old Jul 14th, 2005, 12:49 PM

mooman.....Dude, if you are going to spend a "day" on the beach @ Cancun in August, you will need a night @ the hospital to recover!Read: HOT like you have never imagined.That said, I love the place any time of year.Here's a link to funjet.com that I think will give you a good idea of the goings on at night.Go to the link,scroll down to "While You Are There" and click on "Nightlife".You'll have a blast!
http://www.funjet.com/dest/cun.asp?OAC=
Old Jul 15th, 2005, 02:33 AM
Original Poster

Thanks BeachBoi,Forget the beach looks like the pool and a umbrella.Like funjet.com what I'm looking for is people that was in cancun to tell me where they want at nite and why we should go there.Out of the 100 bars and clubs in cancun we can't go to all.time is short,talk to me.Don't want to read about the bars(all good reading)so tell me where to go and why Mooman
Old Jul 15th, 2005, 05:24 AM
KVR

Most hotels offer a a bar hopping bus tour. You pay one price, at 11pm you get on the bus and they take you to several different bars on the hotel zone. It's a good why to get an overview.

Some of the more popular clubs are Coco Bongo and LaBoom. They are like discos. Never been in either one as not my taste. Good bars include Sr. Frogs and Carlos and Charlies. Been to both and always return to Sr. Frogs. However, I do prefer the one in Playa del Carmen better as it's smaller and not full of drunken kids.

Try this link for specific reviews of nightclubs and bars. It's probably more of what your looking for.

http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel...un-TG-C-1.html
Old Jul 15th, 2005, 05:53 AM

mooman....I usually hit the beach "early" and I'm done and by the pool by 2pm.By 5, thats it for me.A couple of drinks in the hotel bar.In a short stay like yours, here is my A List and in no particular order.I dont like to stray too far from my hotel and you dont usually have to.Coco Bongo (cocobongo.com.mx).Its huge and loud and fun.Bulldog Cafe (bulldogcafe.com).Its in the Krystal Hotel.Very energizing.DadyRockBar (dadyrock.com.mx)to bring out the wild in you.Next door is Winners Sports Bar(winnerssportsbar.com) owned by the same company.Yeah, I know--sports bar in Cancun?? Its refreshing to me anywayz.Then in Flamingo Plaza the old reliables tho a bit "plain jane", Pat O'Brian's and Planet Hollywood (eeeeeeek!!!!)I go to Cancun for the beach/pool/sun, and the nightlife is fun.But thats not really the draw for me.I hope this helps.Oh, btw I've never done the booz cruise so I cant speak about that.