Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

How reliable is Sansa's flight schedule?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 07:32 AM
Lauren

My flight out of San Jose leaves at 2P. I was considering a Sansa flight that leaves Quepos at 11:45A - arriving in San Jose at 12:20P. Is this adequate time? Does Sansa stick to their schedule or should I take an earlier flight?

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 04:31 PM
Iza

From our experience, Sansa has better on time record than the other domestic airline, Travelair. However, I think you may be cutting it too close, leaving no room for error (or bad weather conditions). I would leave earlier and risk waiting extra hour or two at the international airport, rather than risk being late for the international flight.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 05:00 AM
Robbie

Snasa has a good record and is generally on tme. However during this time of year weather can affect flights.<BR>Because Sansa has bgger planes than Travle air think they are more likely to fly when things get a little rough, but if they get really rough there will be a delay. In the "green" season you can probably make your flight, but I would take an earlier one,too. Sometimes if you miss the flight it is hard to rebook and you can get stuck here a few extra days waiting for availability.<BR>Remember you not only need to check in, but you need to buy an exit stamp and go from the Sansa terminal to the primary terminal, don't cut it too close!<BR>Best wishes,<BR>Robbie<BR>[email protected]

Old Jun 8th, 2002, 09:15 AM
xx

We used TravelAir while there in May. While waiting for our plane on the airport's 'tarmac' in Tortuguero to get us back to San Jose, 2 Sansa flights came & went! We had a delay of over 2 hrs. which ruined our shopping plans in San Jose <BR>We were recommended by travel books to go with Travelair (more reliable) but after our experience & listening to others...I'd recommend Sansa.

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 01:42 PM
Lauren

Thanks to all for your inputs. I'll stick with Sansa, but book earlier flights, based on your recommendations.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 06:05 AM
marie

Anyone know how to get Sansa's flight schedule and book a flight before arriving in Costa Rica?

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 01:06 PM
Iza

Check if the hotels where you are staying can make the reservations for you. Last year I had Vista del Valle and Lapa Rios make reservations for us in advance for flights on Travelair and Sansa. It worked really well.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 04:29 PM
Bob

www.flysansa.com