Search

How much time does boat trip take at Iguazu Falls

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15th, 2008, 08:17 AM
jgg
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much time does boat trip take at Iguazu Falls

We will be staying two nights in Iguazu, but arriving at 6pm from El Calafate and then leaving two days later at noon so really only have one full day. I am curious to know how long the Zodiac/boat trips are under the falls are, and if we would have time to do that and then also do zip lining, or should we just continue to explore the falls. We will be traveling with our kids ages 13 and 16 so looking for some additional adventure, but don't want to stick too much in where we didn't spend enough time at the falls.

Thanks for the help!
Old Aug 15th, 2008, 08:45 AM

Hello. We were at Iguazu last year and took the "great adventure" which includes a truck ride through the forest before you board the boat, and then it goes up the river and under two separate falls. As I recall, it took a bit over an hour until you are let off at the bottom of the lower circuit, and it is about a 10 or 15 minute walk back up to the top of the circuit. I also think we got to the Jungle Explorer office probably 15 minutes before our scheduled time, so total was about 1.5 hours, I'd estimate. We reserved the trip in advance to have the time we wanted to go and maximize efficiency of our visit.

There is a shorter trip that goes just under the falls that probably takes only 15 minutes. My recollection is that this short trip, as well as the ferry to the island, don't start until 9:30 or 10:00. I think the Great Adventure starts running earlier.

Don't miss the Devil's Throat. Taking the train and walking the cat walks is probably 1.5-2 hours.

Have fun.
Old Aug 15th, 2008, 12:09 PM
MnJ

We stayed three nights at the Sheraton in Iguazu Falls. We wished we had stayed longer. The beauty of the falls is an emotional event that you will long remember. Like the above poster, we took the "Great Adventure." You will get wet, very wet. But the boat will provide you with a large rubber waterproof bag. You will have ample time to take photos from the boat, but when the "captain" says to put up your cameras----believe him. It is an uphill climb when you get off the boat and having good walking shoes is a plus.
Old Aug 15th, 2008, 05:07 PM
jgg
Original Poster

Thanks all. There sounds like there is quite enough to do with the boat ride and walking around Devil's Throat, etc.
Old Jan 26th, 2009, 02:04 PM

Traveler318\\

Did you prebook with Jungle Explorer and if so, how do you do it.

Thanks