Notices

How long is the Drive from Merida to Palenque?

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 07:24 PM
angela

How long is the Drive from Merida to Palenque?

I'll be visiting the Yucatan in November and I'd love to visit Palenque which I've heard is gorgeous...How long does it take to drive from Merida or Campeche? Thanks so much knowing the time will really help me plan whether we have the time to realistically fit Palenque into our trip.

Old Sep 6th, 2002, 05:17 AM
Vicki

I just got back from a trip to Mexico, but we were in an organised trip by coach. I think the drive Merida Palenque in one day would be rather long. We overnighted in Palenque and visited in the morning as soon as it opened (8.00am)and left about 11.00. Then we drove to Uxmal stopping for lunch on the way. We arrived in Uxmal at 8pm and overnighted. We visited Uxmal the next morning and drove to Merida stopping for lunch on the way. We arrived in Merida mid-afternoon around 3PM if I remember correctly. In a car it would probably be quicker than in a coach with 30 toursits, but I remember the drive Palenque to Uxmal as being very long. However, both Palenque and Uxmal are definitely worth a visit.

Old Sep 9th, 2002, 09:42 AM
Robert

Another option for Palenque is the bus. Maya de Oro operates "ejecutivo" services from Merida and Cancun with either no stops or 1 stop. An excellent way to get there. (you can check the schedules and prices at www.ticketbus.com.mx)

Robert

Old Sep 9th, 2002, 03:09 PM
angela

Thanks so much for your help
Angela