Hotels in Cozumel

Oct 9th, 2004, 06:24 PM
Original Poster

Hotels in Cozumel

We are seniors looking for a hotel convenient to downtown. We'd like something within a mile of the center, clean and comfortable with some bells and whistles.
Our plan is for January 2005
Thank you
Everett
Oct 10th, 2004, 05:48 AM

The closest hotel to downtown with ALL the bells and whistles will be the newly refurbished Playa las Glorias, which is supposed to reopen in December under the Palace Hotel management, not sure what they are going to call it. And not sure if it will actually reopen in December...this is Mexico after all

My second choice for a really nice hotel that is actually right in the middle of the downtown area is Casa Mexicana. It is located on the waterfrontin the heart of downtown and is a lovely hotel with plenty of amenities for not a lot of money.

Next choice would the the Hacienda San Miguel. Located just a few blocks from the main plaza and only 1 block from the ocean, surrounded by beautiful gardens. The rooms are more like very pretty apartments than hotel rooms, with kitchens and living areas. A very nice place.

I live here in Cozumel and would be happy to answer any of your questions directly. My email is: [email protected]

Annie
Oct 12th, 2004, 06:12 AM

I second the recommendation of Casa Mexicana. Las Glorias has never been a favorite of mine but maybe new management will change things.
Oct 22nd, 2004, 04:54 AM
TC

Take a look at Coral Princess Resort. The staff is the greatest. Its only one mile north of town in a nice residential area and the snorkeling is some of the very best - right from their shore. Part of the complex is timeshare, but half is run as a simple hotel with excellent oceanview accommodations. They can be booked either online or through many tour companies or travel agents - like Apple Tours.
Oct 23rd, 2004, 10:55 AM

If you are considering the north end, try Playa Azul. We stayed there in Jan. and loved it. We stayed in the newer wing and had a great view of the water and beach. I think the older rooms might not be quite as nice from postings I have read on other travel sites, but I did not actually see one. You can view the property on Different World website.
Oct 23rd, 2004, 06:23 PM
Original Poster

We so much appreciate the info from all of you. We decided on Playa Azul