Search

hotels in alejuela

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28th, 2004, 03:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hotels in alejuela

We are thinking about staying one night in the ALejuela area before getting up early and heading onto the Arenal area.
Have seen many posts about Orquidea Inn and Vida Tropical. The price for vida tropical seem smuch better. Waht are the rooms like?
We will probably rent a car the next day and leave around 8 the next morning.
Our flight gets in around 3. Suggestions of things to do in the area that evening?

Also, places of interest between San Jose and Arenal?
Old Oct 29th, 2004, 05:22 AM

The difference between the Orquideas and Vida Tropical:
Orquideas has a full service bar and restaurant plus a pool and beautiful grounds and views. I think most rooms now have a/c and tv. Serves a full breakfast buffet.
Vida Tropical is more budget with no full service bar, no restaurant, no pool, smaller grounds and no views. I they may have a TV in the 'common' area. Serves a lighter breakfast. The rooms will be smaller too, but are well kept and clean. Both are fine, it just depends on how many amenities you want.
Old Oct 29th, 2004, 06:39 AM

Las Orquidea is a good hotel with a restaurant and a good staff. Pretty surroundings. After our early arrival we went to the zoo to walk some after the flight. You can also walk around their grounds at the Las Orquidea Excellent massage give by Marcella which was great that night after the flight. Someone from the inn will take you to the zoo. Just inquire at the desk about these things. There is also a coffee plantation nearby. I have not stayed at the vida Tropical so I cannot make a comment.
Old Oct 29th, 2004, 07:49 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info,
Does anyone else have any suggestions about nice and economical places to stay for one night in Alajuela?
Old Oct 29th, 2004, 09:31 AM

I stayed at the Buena Vista Hotel in Alajuela in June for 2 nights. It was very reasonable, nice room & nice view, but it is a little out of the way if you wanted to walk to a restaurant or something. I just ate there. Here is their site: http://www.hotelbuenavistacr.com/
Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 06:23 PM

Stay at the Blessing Hotel in the hills over Alejuela. Next to the El Mirador restaurant on the way to Poas.
New place, very well done with fantastic views. You'll love it. No web,you have to call Maria at 506-442-4769.