Hotels Bariloche and Puerto Varas

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone recommend a nice hotel in these towns? I get such mixed reviews on Trip Advisor.
Old Dec 13th, 2008, 02:16 PM

I stayed at the Aldebaran and loved it. I did post a review on TripAdvisor. It is located a bit out of Bariloche. It is romantic, has a good on site restaurant,has an amazing massuesse works for them, and it is very quiet and personalized. I recommend it. You will need a car if you stay there.
Old Dec 13th, 2008, 05:00 PM

Check out:

http://www.llaollao.com/
Old Dec 14th, 2008, 03:35 PM

SuQue:

sorry, but the words "nice hotel" don't tell us much...what is your upper limit budget? As AvRooster recomends, the gorgeous LlaoLlao is superb...breathtaking locaton...we visited for coffee and drinks..but it is in the 300-400$ and up range...and quite a distance from Bariloche. (you'd need a car or take a taxi ride)

If this is beyond your range, I can recommend a clean and comfortable in-town hotel, The Edelweiss, at approximately $200 or less...and I think you can get a view room with the sight of beautiful Lake Nahuel Wapi. It suited our needs several years ago, and friends ahve also liked it since.
http://www.edelweiss.com.ar/index_en.html

stu t.
Old Dec 14th, 2008, 03:47 PM

SuQue:

Puerto Varas (PV) is more of a resort lakside town that Puerto Montt (PM)...but we enjoyed the quasi-urban feel of the latter...we dropped off our Chilean rental car there and booked the "Andean Lake Crossing"...a bus to PV and beautful Petrohue Falls, then a combinaton of busses and small boats across the striking lakes, ending in Bariloche.

You will throughly enjoy this region...and the lake crossings...do the overnight where you stay the night in a rustic hotel in the small village of Puella.

Happy travels..

stu t.
(I have several scanned,pre-digital pics here you may want to see)
http://tiny.cc/dcv4W

Old Dec 14th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the help! We will do the lakes crossing from Bariloche to Puerto Varas, staying overight in Puella. WIll look at Eidelweiss.
Old Dec 14th, 2008, 08:30 PM

suque...be sure to insist on a room with a view of the deep blue water of Lake Nahuel Wapi.

I also hear that the little rustic hotel that was Puella's best and only has been joined by more of a luxury place.,,unless they just renovated the original. You'll see when you get there....Puella is a fun village to walk around...a rushing creek and a very remote feeling abounds. See my pix.

stu t.
Old Dec 15th, 2008, 03:27 AM

I'd like to point out that I did not "recommend" the Llao-Llao.

As "a nice hotel" is rather vague, I simply suggested the OP check out the Llao-Llao's website, to find out whether or not it is adequate for their needs.

Have a great time in our country.
Old Dec 15th, 2008, 05:32 AM

Hi SuQue,
We stayed at the Llao Llao after taking the lake crossing (which we did in one day). The landing for this trip is right at the foot of the hotel. The Llao Llao is one of the most amazing properties we've ever stayed at. If you can do it, I highly recommend, you're only about 1/2 hour from Bariloche (they have a daily shuttle), but we rented a car as we like our freedom when we travel. It's very eary to drive around this area.

Hope you have a great day for the lake crossing, it was one of my most memorable experiences, lots of oohs and aaahs.
Old Dec 15th, 2008, 06:48 AM
Jed

We also stayed at llaollao after the lake crossing. It is a beautiful hotel in a great setting.

But our experience is that the rooms were <i>the smallest</i> in any hotel that we have ever stayed at. There was not enough space in the room to open a suitcase. We had to use a tiny entrance way outside.

What was your experience, owlwoman?
Old Dec 15th, 2008, 07:47 AM

avrooster....sorry...yes indeed, you merely asked SuQue to look up the web site...the &quot;nice hotel&quot; statement really threw me, too...we're here to help posters, but why does it seem that so many are reluctant to come up with a distinct $ range so we can be of more relevant help? It also happens on the Europe forum, Asian forum as well. Is it false pride, or what?

stu t.
Old Dec 15th, 2008, 09:41 AM

Our travel agent booked us one of the rooms with a balcony, which overlooked the lawn/pool. The room was quite spacious w/a nice sized bathroom. The balcony was great w/2 big chairs. Don't know what the cost was as we &quot;bundled&quot; a whole trip with her.
Old Dec 15th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Original Poster

Sorry to throw you with my &quot;nice hotel&quot;. We stay in a wide range of places from apts. to every level of starhotel as well as BnB. It depends where it is, the reviews, etc. Thanks again for the help. Tower's photos are wonderful.
Old Dec 15th, 2008, 02:49 PM

BTW, SuQue, I would NEVER suggest staying within the Bariloche city limits, with so many nicer places a few minutes away, but, as with so many things, it's a matter of taste.
Old Dec 15th, 2008, 07:51 PM

&gt;&gt;&gt;it's a matter of taste.&lt;&lt;&lt;

and budget, which is exactly what I was getting at AV...to recommend, we simply must know the range, as broad as it may be.

stu t.
Old Dec 16th, 2008, 06:56 PM

I was in Bariloche, for the second time, about 20 days ago.

As others have posted, the LLao-LLao hotel is located at what IMHO is the most beautiful piece of property on earth. It is nothing short of breathtaking.

It is pricy though!

We stayed in the nice, quite decent, but not too expensive Hotel Plaza, just in front of the Nahuel Huapi lake.

We got a double room with heating, private bathroom with tub, and a full 10 feet window facing the lake for meager 120.00 Argentinean pesos (About US$ 40.00) per night including a modest breakfast. It is located just in front of the Bariloche Cathedral.

The view from the 9th floor where one has breakfast is exceptional too.

It was the best hotel bargain we had in a 44 day trip to Argentina which started on the 25th October through 6th of December.