Search

Hotel Parador or Si Como No

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 12:16 PM
Rae Ellen

Hotel Parador or Si Como No

Hi, all.<BR><BR>We're going to Costa Rica for time #3.<BR><BR>Our new area this year will be Quepos/Manuel Antonio.<BR><BR>I've done searches on this board on both of these hotels, and am leaning towards Parador.<BR>(These are the 2 hotels our tour operator deals with.)<BR><BR>Any input appreciated....THANKS!

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 12:54 PM
Iza

We have stayed at Si Como No but not at Parador so I really can only compare the location for you. Si Como No is located along the main road going from Quepos to Manuel Antonio and is more convenient (walking distance) to a number of restaurants in the area (Karola's was our favorite). Parador is more isolated at the end of a side road. It would be probably 1/2 hour walk to the main road. <BR>We liked Si Como No very much, it did not disappoint us in any respect.<BR>If you decide to stay at Parador, make sure you visit Playa Biesanz which is walking distance from there (locals should be able to give you directions). It is a very picturesque small beach/cove and if you go early you may have the whole place all to yourselves.

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 01:15 PM
sara

We stayed at the Hotel Parador a couple of springs ago. I would recommend it and would stay there again. Good food, a beautiful pool and nice, large rooms looking into the jungle and out towards the ocean. We had dinner one night at Si Como No and the grounds were also very nice but it was a little smaller and much closer to the road and activities as I recall. We took taxis to where ever we needed to go without any problems,or we had tours set up by the hotel which picked you up at the lobby.

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 11:35 AM
Wendy

We stayed at Makanda By The Sea, which was heavenly. We also stayed at Si Como No for just one night. We really loved this place, but felt it was a little more family oriented. We went on a day trip and had to stop to pick people up at Parador. Someone was nice enough to show us their room, since I'm obsessed with seeing different hotels. Although this hotel was beautiful, we really felt as though(other than the views) we could have been in New York. It did not feel at all authentic. It had a million pictures covering the walls of all the famous people that had stayed there. I would be excited to stay there in North America, but would have been very disappointed had we chosen this place in C.R

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 01:56 PM
Terri

During our stay in that area, we were told that a large area of rainforest was completely decimated to build the Parador. When you see it in person, you'll understand why - it's perched on a flat hilltop like a sore thumb. You couldn't pay me to stay there.<BR><BR>Si Como No, on the other hand, was built to fit into the existing landscape with the greatest environmental sensitivity. It's also a beautiful hotel.

Old Oct 26th, 2002, 03:10 PM
Mark

Have stayed at Si Como No before and had a wonderful time!

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 06:07 PM
marilynn

We stayed at Karanhe beach Hotel right on the beach and were very pleased with it. The capuchin monkeys played on the roofs and entertained us for hours in the late afternoon. It was a good hotel.