Hotel Ipanema Plaza-Rio de Janeiro

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13th, 2005, 01:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone stayed at this hotel?I know it's a 4 or 5 stars,1 block from Ipanema beach.Is the service good ?Are the rooms big?
Thanks
Old Apr 17th, 2005, 05:27 PM

Yes, its a nice hotel. If you are a single man you cannot have guests in your room.
Old Apr 17th, 2005, 11:03 PM

We stayed at the Ipanema Plaza last August. I liked the decor and location of the hotel. Our room was quite large,with a small sitting area but I think they upgraded us. I highly recommend it, we paid about $110 and we thought the quality/price made it an excellent value.
Old Apr 18th, 2005, 08:14 AM

I've stayed at this hotel twice (as a single man) and had no difficulty bringing guests to my room, or to the rooftop pool and sauna.
Old Apr 19th, 2005, 02:41 AM
Peep

We stayed there last month. We spent one night in a $115US room, booked on ipanema.com, and the air conditioner was out of order. I mentioned it to the front desk, they said they would look at it, but it stayed off all night. The next day we asked to change rooms and the only room available was $145US. It was a little bigger but IMO not worth $30 more, except the a/c worked. The staff was friendly enough. One bad thing was that the breakfast rooms (one on the ground floor and one on the roof) were too small, always crowded and there were always people waiting. Some rooms have 1 window facing the beach but most either face into town or back to the mountains. I don't know how the beach views are but I think the mountain views are probably better than staring at other highrises. Anyway, it was fine and I'd stay there again.

Old May 19th, 2005, 01:00 PM

Hey people for the ones interested the Ipanema Pestana is offering good prices and the hotel is much better than the Praia.
regards,
good luck