Search

Hotel Grano de Oro

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 05:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Grano de Oro

We will most likely be spending our first night here and have heard the food is outstanding! Also have heard, mostly from tripadvisor reports, that this amazing food is very inexpensive! Could anyone with first hand knowledge let me in on just how inexpensive it is. I'm just curious. The menu on their website looks incredible!
Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 09:16 AM

I ate there last week, dinner for 2 around 50US including tax and service charges. The food was really good. I went back to eat again the second time after I had a terrible time at Monteverde (avoid Monteverde Lodge at all costs). I checked out early and headed back to Sanjose. Really enjoyed Grando de Oro
Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 11:45 AM
Original Poster

notMV- which type of room did you have? I'm looking into the garden suite to get the private outdoor garden with water fountain. I am really excited about staying here. We will probably have a couple of daylight hours after we arrive. Might you have any suggestions of any close places to visit before nightfall? Thanks.
Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 05:57 PM

The food is awesome there, even lunch and breakfast. I don't remember even paying attention to the prices. They also had an excellent wine list.
Old Jan 25th, 2007, 06:40 PM

We stayed at the Grano de Oro in January of 2006, and while I can't remember any exact numbers, I don't remember it costing very much because we were on a bit of a budget so we wouldn't have eaten there both nights if it had been a lot of money. Their food is indeed incredible. The Polla a la Antigua was the best chicken I've ever eaten, hands down. And the Pie Grano de Oro was heavenly. Seriously some of the best food I've ever had in any country we've ever visited (and that includes Italy which usually wins my vote for cuisine!)
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 07:42 PM

Capecodgal:We are planning on having some daylight hours in San Jose too.(either first or last night)...did you ever find an answer re:what to do in SJ? Museums are not our thing while in CR.