Honeymoon Help in Mexico

May 2nd, 2000, 04:07 AM
Molly

Honeymoon Help in Mexico

Please Help!!!!
Where is the most romantic place to honeymoon in Mexico. We are all over the place from Cancun to Los Cabos. We are looking for beautiful beaches, watersports, some exploring, very nice hotel and pools, and good safe places to eat. Our bugdet is about $3500. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We have already been to travel agents and have left even more confused and undecided. The honeymoon is in late october. Thanks!!!!

May 2nd, 2000, 05:42 AM
jane

Hi
Have you considered Playa Del Carmen? We went there for a second honeymoon and we loved it. It's less American/commerical than Cancun. The beaches are nice and there are lots of great restaurants and shops.
We stayed at the Contiental Plaza and can recommend it. It's right on the edge of town within walking distance of everything. There are a number of other nice resorts located a little further out in the Playacar area. You should easily find a place here within your budget. Also if you stay near town you don't really need an all inclusive since there are so many great restaurants nearby.
There is plenty to see & do nearby - The ruins at Tulum are dramatic on cliffs overlooking the ocean. Cozumel is a 30 min. ferry ride and worth at least one trip for the excellent snorkeling. ( The snorkeling is the coolest thing I ever did !). Speaking of snorkeling...check out Xel-Ha (near Tulum) and Xcaret.
We have also stayed in Cozumel (for the snorkeling) but I think Playa Del Carmen might be better for a honeymoon.
I hope this helps. Feel free to e-mail if you want.

May 2nd, 2000, 01:27 PM
lisa

HI,
We have decided on Zihuatenejo for our honeymoon. These posts were very helpful in making this decision. For more information, do a search on Zihua/Ixtapa. We will be staying at Villa Del Sol, and can't wait. Their website is hotelvilladelsol.net. When is your wedding? Best of luck to you!

May 3rd, 2000, 06:40 AM
Molly

Thanks for the responses...Lisa we are getting married in October and this is the most frustrating decision of the whole wedding process. We were deciding between Cancun and PV. Although I was recently reading up on Villa del Sol and it seems like an incredible place...do you know what the beaches and activities are like there or nearby. We are both active people and would like to snorkel, explore, shop etc. Did you go through a travel agent to book Villa del sol...did you get a package deal? What does it include? Very expensive? Thanks for any help you could provide. I can't wait till we just make a decision. Congratulations on your wedding too!

May 3rd, 2000, 10:53 AM
Tammy

Molly,
If you are deciding between cancun and puerto vallarta, I would DEFINITELY pick cancun. I have been to both places and did not really like puerto vallarta. The beaches aren't that nice and being on the pacific it doesn't have that beautiful turqoise water like cancun does on the caribbean, or the white talcum powder sand. Also the vendors on the beach at puerto vallarta were so annoying and never left you alone. Cancun has so much to do, so clean, taxi's are easy to take and all the hotels are top notch. Great beaches, shopping, night clubs, etc...

May 7th, 2000, 05:01 AM
Suanne

Hi Molly,

If you do decide on Cancun, stay at the Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach. It is a beautiful hotel. We went to Cancun in March for our

May 7th, 2000, 05:08 AM
Suanne

Oops, I don't know what happened to the rest of my message! Anyway, went to Cancun for our 10 year anniversary, and it was beautiful, but I don't know if I would go there again. You don't get much of the flavor of Mexico, as Cancun is VERY Americanized. We did a day trip to Isla Mujeres, which was the best part of our trip! They have a beautiful beach, lots of bargain shopping, and is very un-Americanized! Have a GREAT trip, and congrats

May 7th, 2000, 08:10 AM
dan

Try the sleepy fishing village of La Manzanilla, Mexico and stay at Villa Montana (www.choice1.com/villamontana.htm)

adios!

May 9th, 2000, 09:04 AM
mark

Molly, have you heard anything about what the wheather is supposed to be like in Mexico in October? We are getting married in late September and are considering Zihuatenaho (sp?) but we are concerned about the chance of getting hit with a hurricane or other rainy weather. Any insight would be very much appreciated.

Thanks, Mark

May 9th, 2000, 08:54 PM
paciano diaz

Molly wejust returned from our 2nd anniversary to Cancun, Cozumel, Playa del Carmen. It is definitely true that Cancun can be Americanized but only if you only stay in the Hotel Zone. Go to El Centro even if it is only for the day if, you want the Mexican feel. Try Pericos restaurant. I guarantee you will have a great time! Guarantee! Cancun definetely has beautiful turquoise water and white Sand. To us the water part was just as advertised. I was kind of dissapointed with Cozumel. First of all, Most of the resort are very secluded and there is no bus transportation other than taxis. If you are vacationers or at least this trip and want lots of privacy, it might be what you want. Like Cancun, for a Mexican feel you must to to El Centro which will run you at least $5.00USD (more like $10.00) each way. If you want to explore the Island I recommend you rent a scooter. It cost us about $25USD with insurance and well worth it. Snorking is great. I was very impressed with Playa del Carmen. It did not have quite as nice beaches as Cancun (although very nice) but it made up for it becuase you really felt in Mexico. A lot of Hotels are centralized and close to El Centro. I was also impressed because I saw quite a few local at the beaches. Although all beaches in Mexico are open to public use,which in my humble opinion is all beaches should be, even though many hotels put up subtle barriers trying to imply privacy. I really felt on vacation because of the surrounding color of the beaches and the native people. Great all around atmosphere. The only downside to going to the Yucatan region in the fall months, as the locals told me, are the hurricanes!
in Addition, we have spent time in Zihuatanejo which in my opinion is a real jewel. Definetely not as touristy as Cancun region but also the water is not nearly as turquoise. We did not stay at Villa Del Sol but we did dine there and it was beautiful. It is just as nice as the Ritz in Cancun where we did stay and both are in the top 500 Hotels around the world to stay at according to Conde Nast traveler. In Zihuatanejo, La Casa Que Canta is also supposed to be very nice. Water sports should not be a lack of in Cancun, Playa del Carmen and Zihuatanejo. Molly, I agree with a previous post that between PV and Cancun, hands down and without a question Cancun! For a more private and Romantic setting, look into Zihuatanejo. Have a good time!

May 9th, 2000, 09:10 PM
LIZ

The weather is usually better on the west coast in October!...Check WWW.SUNFINDER.COM...