Help with Belize Honeymoon hotels/resorts

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31st, 2005, 03:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be getting married in San Pedro in April 2006. We've been there for 1 week this year, and will have another week there prior to the wedding. After the wedding, we will have 1 week for a honeymoon elsewhere in Belize.

We are thinking about 3 nights in a jungle lodge, and 3-4 nights in another beach area (besides San Pedro). I've looked at all of the hotels/resorts and still have about 10 or so that we're interested in.

For a jungle lodge, we're looking at Blanacaneaux and Chaa Creek in San Ignacio, Chan Chich in Orangewalk, and Hidden Valley Inn in Belmopan. For the beach resort, we're looking at Robert's Grove, Turtle Inn, and Calico Jack's in Placencia, Jaguar Reef, Hamanasi, and Almond Beach in Hopkins Village, and Kanantik in Stann Creek.

Which of these are most recommended for are the best value for the money? We most likely have $3-4,000 for the week and are looking for the best experience and value for the money. Also, are any of the jungle lodges easier to get to than the others? I appreciate any advice or info!
Old Sep 1st, 2005, 04:41 AM

Blancaneaux and Hidden Valley Inn are both in the Mtn Pine Ridge in the Cayo district. Chaa Creek is outside of SI town, in tropical foligage along the Macal River, also in Cayo. All 3 of these are great and offer a wide selection of area activities. Roberts Grove and TI in Placencia are both wonderful. I'd choose between Hamanasi or Jaguar Reef in the Hopkins area. But I'd opt for Plcencia over Hopkins for a number of reasons.
Old Sep 1st, 2005, 07:28 AM
Original Poster

Also, has anyone had any bad or exceptional experiences at any of these places?
Old Sep 1st, 2005, 05:42 PM

Stayed at Chaa Creek and loved it. I would highly encourage you to stay in one of the "Tree Top" Rooms. Enjoy!
Old Sep 13th, 2005, 08:37 PM

We stayed at Duploy's and absolutely loved it.

As for the beach...go for Placencia.
Old Sep 14th, 2005, 10:40 PM

Turtle Inn is amazing! The places you sleep in are huge. If you do a search on this site for Turtle Inn you will probably pull up numerous reports, including mine. I spent 4 nights at Turtle Inn on my honeymoon, then 3 more at Blancaneaux, (then 10 days in Honduras). Turtle Inn is really in a close of its own.

At Blancaneaux, you will want to spend extra and stay in a cabana or whatever the free-standing units are as they are far nicer than the regular rooms.