Search

Honeymoon in Belize

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2003, 11:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honeymoon in Belize

Hello All- We are planning a honeymoon in Belize this November. We are very interested in Placencia because we love the beach & the water, but we really want the activities of the mainland. We have been looking into Robert's Grove. Can anyone offer suggestions? Should we be looking somewhere else on the island? Or, maybe a different hotel? Thank you for your help.
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 01:06 PM

Robert's Grove is terrific. I've stayed there several times and always loved it.<BR><BR>I think your decision really is whether you want Placencia or Ambergris Caye. Either could be perfect for you, depending on what you want. There's a lot more to do on Ambergris, lots more restaurants, clubs,etc. and in fact, counterintuitively, it's easier to do mainland trips from the island than from the peninsula ... and there's more to see north than south. But it just depends on what you're looking for.<BR><BR>--Lan Sluder<BR>www.belizefirst.com
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 09:32 AM
Original Poster

More to do? Even as far as jungle trips and jaguar preserve type experiences go?<BR><BR>Where should we stay in Ambergris Caye? We are planning a 10 day honeymoon. Should we do 5 days in the north and 5 days in the south?
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 10:40 AM
ltt

robert's grove is suppose to be great. i think the beaches by placentia are nicer then on ambergris.
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 03:16 PM

Yeah, much more to do from Ambergris Caye than from Placencia. Look at a map and you'll see why. About the only thing that's within two hours of Placencia on the mainland is the Cockscomb preserve. Most of the main attractions in Belize -- Maya sites such as Xunantunich, Altun Ha, Caracol, etc. and caves and museums/zoos, national parks, etc. are in northern or central Belize. True, these require a boat or air trip from San Pedro, but Placencia is at the end of a 25-mile long unpaved road, and even after you get back to the Southern Highway you are two+ hours by road from the Maya sites at near PG.<BR><BR>Beaches at Placencia are good, but in my opinion no better than the beaches on Ambergris Caye. (But then I've only been going to Placencia and San Pedro for 12 years and have only written six books on Belize.)<BR><BR>Not arguing against Placencia as I always enjoy it (especially Inn at Robert's Grove) but it is just not as convenient for day trips as it might seem based on being on the mainland.<BR><BR>--Lan Sluder
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 05:16 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your replies Lan. You have been much help.<BR><BR>-Nicole