Search

help with a short trip

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help with a short trip

My friend will be in Costa Rica for only five nights. He will fly into San Jose late on the first night and is hoping to stay at Orquideas Inn for the first night and last. He would like to also go to Arenal. Any suggestions of what might be a good plan for them to see as much as they can. They would transfer on the first day to Arenal and hopefully can do a bit of sightseeing on the way. Also, they really don't care to do anything to adventureous.. no ziplining ect.. they would like to do some short hikes.Any suggestions would be appreciated. THanks
Old Feb 14th, 2008, 11:12 AM

We stayed at the Lost Iguana - a really nice property set a little outside of town with great volcano views. It's right next door to the Hanging Bridges, which makes for some nice hiking. I would definitely recommend that they do the Cano Negro tour to see wildlife; we loved it.
Old Feb 14th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the information. I am going to check out the Lost Iguana. Yes, I think they want to do the Cano Negro tour. I have never done it but it looks great.
Old Feb 14th, 2008, 03:38 PM

Transferring to Arenal through San Carlos and Zarcero would afford some nice views and that great topiary garden in front of the church in Zarcero. . .
Old Feb 14th, 2008, 03:52 PM

Also, don't forget the hot springs; we did Tabacon, but Eco Termales is also popular.
Old Feb 16th, 2008, 08:37 AM

I think a great way to see the most is to stay out of San Jose the first night if possible.

The first stop i suggest is La Paz Waterfall gardens. Stay here one night. From here go to see the Poas Volcano and national Park early the next morning.

http://www.anywherecostarica.com/nat...as-volcano.htm

Next you can drive/ transfer to Arenal and stay there for 3 nights.

Old Feb 16th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for everyones help. My friend booked his flights and was trying to book hotels. He is going in just two weeks, it was a last minute trip so a few he tried were booked. He is going to spend his first and last nights near the airport and the other nights somewhere in Arenal.. I will find out more next week when we are both back to work.
Old Feb 17th, 2008, 01:10 PM

I too recommend the cano negro river cruise. You get to see a lot of amazing wildlife. The hot springs are also very nice with beautiful gardens. Also, if you are going to Arenal and it is clear, look into doing a nightime volcano tour. The lodge I stayed at arranged this tour. The guests who did it really enjoyed it. I myself greatly regret not doing it. But I will on my next trip to CR. have fun!
Old Feb 17th, 2008, 02:37 PM

I would add the La Fortuna Waterfall to their list of things to do.