Help quick!!! Fiesta Americana or Marriott?

Sep 27th, 2003, 10:06 AM
Original Poster

Help quick!!! Fiesta Americana or Marriott?

We are two 20-30something, single professional women going to cancun for 3 nights in mid October and have narrowed down our hotel choices in Cancun to the JW Marriott or the Fiesta Americana Grant Coral Beach. Money's not really an object, although we don't want to go crazy, we'd like a nice beach and pool first of all, proximity to nightlife and dining would be nice as well. We plan on relaxing but also having fun, thought it would be fun to meet other singles if possible.....which should be choose????
Sep 27th, 2003, 12:02 PM

If you have the opportunity to stay at the Fiesta Americana Coral Beach, go for it ! It is the ultimate resort and is regularly rewarded for it's superior food and amenities. And right outside your front door are several nightclubs, restaurants, etc. You are right in the middle of the action. This is one of those resorts many people wish they could afford to enjoy. I would do it. Have a great time !
Sep 27th, 2003, 02:32 PM

Both the FAGCB and the JW Marriott are regularly recognized as two of the top few hotels in Cancun.

I have stayed at the Ritz Carlton and the JW Marriott, and would recommend either of those for a luxury stay in Cancun.

I preferred the JW to the RC, but it's a personal choice - the RC was quite formal.

Either one will make for a wonderful stay, but I would look into spending more than three nights - that's not long enough unless you are going elsewhere too.
Sep 27th, 2003, 04:15 PM

Go to tripadvisor.com before you make your selection, if you haven't already. The JW is newer w/ a better view, but many swear by the FAGCB. The Fiesta is closer to the "action", but the very regular buses will take you quickly there from the JW. Have a great time!
Sep 29th, 2003, 05:21 AM

Excellent advice above but one more note. If you like to walk on the beach, like me, the JW is better situated. At FAGCB you are next to the point and there is no continuous beach. The benefit of this however is a much calmer surf compared to the east facing hotels. Have fun!
Sep 29th, 2003, 05:53 AM

the Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach is a better location it's rght in the heart of town you can walk to so many places. I have been to Cancun 4 times, the last time was Oct 31 last year we went for a week, I must tell you that It was the best hotel I have ever been to in my life. The restaurants there are absolutely wonderful and the really big plus was that you can swim in the sea without getting bounced around. It's amazing that at that part of beach the water is so calm. As for JW Marriott I have never stayed there but I did stay at the Marriott and that was very nice but the sea is quite right rough there and the hotel is not in town. I think you will love the Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach.
Sep 30th, 2003, 05:37 AM

Many good suggestions but I prefer the JW Marriott of the 2 choices you have. I much prefer the long strech of beach there to the Fiesta location. The Fiesta is close to the center of many tourist attractions and shops--but a good distance from the center of Cancun (as is the JW). However, bus transportation makes get around easy from either location!
Enjoy!
Sep 30th, 2003, 05:40 AM

I have already answered previously however I wanted you both to know that whatever one you decide you can't go wrong with either place. They are both wonderful
Sep 30th, 2003, 08:13 AM
me

They're both great hotels but I prefer FA for its calm beachfront.Also better for singles , close to town & actions.