Search

Help PV vacation.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14th, 2005, 03:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help PV vacation.

My sister is getting married February 24th, 2006, and I am looking for a hotel where to stay for posibly 5 dys from 2/22-2/27. We are not sure if an all inclusive package is better. I need some hotel suggestions. I was thinking Samba in Nuevo Vallarta, but I don't know if it's a good idea since it will be my first time there. Please any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old Oct 15th, 2005, 08:51 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
One important thing to understand about the layout around the Bay of Banderas is that the resorts out in Nuevo Vallarta are approx. a 1-hour drive from central downtown PV. You might want to make your hotel choice based on location to be near the wedding?

I don't usually recommend going all-inclusive, especially if you stay somewhere centrally located because there are loads of great restaurants in all price ranges in PV to choose from.
Old Oct 16th, 2005, 06:45 AM
Original Poster

Suze, thank you for taking the time to help me. Well, the wedding is going to be in las Caletas. I also think that for my first time there it may be good to stay closer to the town, But I have a small concern there is going to be a good size group that may be going from Chicago and also some family from Mexico. I am afraid we may spend too much money if we decide not to go all-iclusive. Can you give me some suggestions of hotels in the center.
Old Oct 16th, 2005, 08:09 AM

Sorry I can't help with that, because I don't know anything about all-inclusives, Hotel Zone or Nuevo Vallarta.

Here is my list of 3-star hotels in the old town area of PV. These are all fairly simple hotels, not fancy, and reasonably priced.

www.vallartaspecials.com
is a website that includes:
Hotel Conchas Chinas
Posada de Roger
Suites Emperador
Hotel Rosita
el Pescador

Along the beach on or near Playa Los Muertos:
www.tropicanahotelpv.com
www.playalosarcos.com
www.hoteleloisa.com
Old Oct 16th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Original Poster

Thank you, I will look into those hotels.
Old Oct 17th, 2005, 06:39 AM

I understand with a large family group why an all-inclusive resort might be very appealing. Flip side when you are near town people can go off on their own and do different things. Out in Nuevo your activities most likely will be at your own resort. Buena suerte (good luck)!
Old Oct 17th, 2005, 08:25 AM

When people say they think Puerto Vallarta is over-rated, or they didn't like it, I often think it's because they probably stayed in Nuevo...IMHO, it's definitely not the most appealing area to stay in Puerto vAllarta.
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 09:22 PM

mkolet: I think the all inclusives charge about $40.00 per person per day for the food/drink. So really you can all dine out at different exciting restaurants every day/night. Consider Old Town, my favorite, on the beach. Take a bus to Wal-mart, or Sams Club for your breakfast items for the week (as well as snacks). I am not sure but I think the Krystal has the AI feature. Las Caletas is reached by boat so it really doesn't matter which area you stay in. But as mentioned above, staying in the hotel zone or Nueve Vallarta is not the true flavor of Puerto Vallarta. Hotel Rosita is at one end of the Malecon and is a reasonable hotel on the beach, but the beach itself is not good. Los Muertos beach is great (very busy). Try Wendy at (email) [email protected] for some good suggestions. What a great place for a wedding, it sounds very romantic.
Old Oct 26th, 2005, 05:20 PM
Original Poster

blondlady,

Thank you very much for the suggestions.