Help: hotel Maroma vs. Villa del Sol

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6th, 2003, 06:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I are looking for a nice romantic vacation for our 1 year anniversary in January. Can't decide between Zihuatenho (i.e. Villa del Sol) or Maroma (on Mexican Riviera). Zihuatenejo seems to have so much charm, but the lure of the beautiful beaches, water and ruins that Hotel Maroma offers also seems so appealing... any advice???
Old Oct 6th, 2003, 06:48 PM
Original Poster

Also, I was wondering how the beach is for swimming in Zihautenejo in January? Is the water too cold then? What is the average temperature as compared to Play del Carmen area for January?
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 07:25 AM

I haven't been to either, but if it were me, i'd check out tripadvisor.com. The Maroma has always sounded fabulous to me, but there have been some negative reviews. Have you considered the Costa Allegre (sp?)? The Tamarindo and Careyes Hotel look great (I think they're members of the Westin Luxury group). Good luck!
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 05:26 PM

Hi,
In the search box put in Maroma and a separate search for Villa del Sol. Some of the postings are not new but I think will be helpful. We are planning to go to Maroma in February.
Old Oct 20th, 2003, 02:59 PM
sha

Sorry, can't help you with Villa del Sol but my husband nd I visited Maroma last winter while searching for a location for this winter. The beach and grounds at Maroma are beautiful. The rooms and location left a bit to be desired. We saw a premium room and were very unimpressed. It was small and the bathroom was not user friendly. Maroma is quite isolated and it's a bit of a trek to find alternative locations for breakfasts and dinners. You're kind of captive at the resort. We spoke to a couple who were staying at the resort and they weren't very happy.