Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Has anyone stayed in Punta Mita for thier PV vacation?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2003, 10:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My future husband and I are going to PV for our honeymoon in early August and are staying at Rancho Banderas in Punta Mita. Has anyone stayed there? R&R is our main focus, good food, and culture. We're also both history buffs and love seeing the local scene. Any suggestions? Also, I'm a little confused about the time change. I heard that Punta Mita is an hour different from PV. Is this true? are we gonna be losing an hour everytime we travel to and fro? Any input is appreciated!
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 06:56 AM

Well, Rancho Banderas is not really at Punta de Mita, but it is on the north side of the bay and quite a distance from Puerto Vallarta, at least a 40 min drive.
Every one on the coast of the bay tends to keep Vallarta time so don't worry too much.
As far as food and culture, you'll have to travel to Puerto Vallarta.
Rancho Banderas is a resort with very little around it, the closest village with any reasonably good restaurants would be Bucerias (and they only have a few compared to the dozens in Vallarta).
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 08:15 AM

Punta Mita will meet your needs for R&R, but JR is right, for great food and culture, you will need to go to PV. Count on long travel time to and from town, or else stay in PV itself. I personally would not stay that far away because I want to be downtown every night for dinner, the restaurants are incredible. PV is a great town to walk around and shop, eat, walk along the Malecon, etc.
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 10:36 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Agreeing with my PV friends above, it should be fine for the R&R part, but for focus on good food and culture, you'd need to come into Puerto Vallarta. I always stay in the heart of town because I love being able to walk to everything. I take day trips out toward the Punta Mita area for nicer beaches.
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 09:44 AM
MPC

I can't speak for the northern side of town...but we just got back yesterday from our three week honeymoon. we spent the final week at camino real in PV and LOVED it. Just what the doctor ordered....R and R and more R and R! it's not the 4 seasons, but as I said to my husband...I don't need more than this for a perfect vacation!
I'd get a suite in the club tower....you will not regret it I don't think!!
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 09:46 AM
MPC

I would love your guide!

[email protected]

thanks so much!!