Guanaja Island Club?

Old Jul 30th, 2012, 07:07 AM
mad
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guanaja Island Club?

I'm very confused about this property. it seems there are some recent rave reviews, but there are some terrible ones from previous years. I e-mailed the owners and they were very responsive and seem like they're on the ball. If anyone has any insight, I'd appreciate it. I'm a little weary of people who keep posting the same positive reviews over and over and wonder if they've been asked to do so. Some honest info. please!
Old Jul 31st, 2012, 06:42 PM

I'd recommend staying at G&Gs Clearwater paradise, Bo's Island House, or Graham's Place. I have stayed at or personally know all these owners.

The owner of "Guanaja Island Club" mismanaged the resort and used to call it "End of the World". He renamed the resort but still manages it.
Old Aug 1st, 2012, 05:33 AM
mad
Original Poster

Thanks Itravel- I appreciate your input. We're traveling with a 5 year old. Do you think Graham's place might be ok with him?
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 09:14 AM

Hi Mad

I don't know what places your are exactly referring to But I have personally stayed at the Guanaja Island Club Twice once myself and this past month with my entire family. It is not called the end of the world I don't even see what is connected. Anyway, I have three young kids all had a wonderful time there. The owners have two kids and all of the toys and beach things kids love to play with. It's safe and right on the beach. Grahams place is Gay Oriented period! I would never bring my kids there I had been there on my first trip. As for G & G they have no beach and don't cater to families. You are land locked and cannot get off of the property. The place just up the beach Bo's Has two nasty dogs that bite. I have no idea in the world how anyone could ever recommend these other places to a family with kids. Obviously they are into other things and not kids. Why don't you save your self this intrige headache and just call the owners Carolina or Brian. How can you make a coherent descision if you don't call the resort yourself? only you really know exactly what you want. It's a vacation relax There is so much BS out there on everything these days I think most people have forgotton what their brains are for. Good luck!
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 03:14 PM

Mad....just saw your post...hope you didn't try Guanaja Island Club !!! Any place on the island is better than there, and all of the places mentioned by itravel would be great choices. They get reviews averaging 4.5 - 5 on another travel forum. On that forum, Guanaja Island Club averages 1.4. And the numbers are accurate. You should avoid Guanaja Island Club like the plague!! It is obvious that the rave reviews on Fodor's and other Travel Forums are being written by the OWNER or someone that writes the words given to them by the owner. Guanaja is a great destination. Don't ruin your trip by staying at Guanaja Island Club !!!