Search

Going to PV with kids

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16th, 2010, 10:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going to PV with kids

ok, so we're going to PV for the first time with two small kids ( 3 1/2 & 1yr) the end of July. From reading the other forums, I am anticipating very hot weather and humidity with possible afternoon downpours. But I need a reality check from the wise peeps who have been (Suze) or currently live there(Cabron). First, is it so hot that travelling with the children to downtown or the malecon during the day not realistic? Also, how far is the Melia from Downtown or Malecon? I've tried to check on-line and I can't seem to find any consistant info. Give it to me straight guys, am I looking at spending a good portion of the vacation indoors? Any advice is helpful. Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 17th, 2010, 05:22 AM

Hi, It's not THAT hot, if it gets too much, make a pit stop, take it slow and easy.
The Melia is in the Marine, the Marina bus will take you all the way to the south side for 6.5 pesos, in about 20 min. Here's a map http://vallartainfo.com/marina.html - follow it down to town.
So far we haven't had any significant rain
Old Jun 17th, 2010, 07:28 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I agree, it's not so hot as to ruin your vacation or make you stay indoors. I've been several times in June, never July, but was OK. You never know but most often rains come at night, or just blow thru in the afternoon, not 24/7.

The Marina is a bus or taxi ride away from the Malecon/downtown but certainly easily do-able. With such little kids you might rather spring for a taxi, the busses are a bit of an adventure.
Old Jun 17th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Original Poster

Thank you both very much for your replies and advice. It definately sets us at ease. I think the situation was exaggerated to us. We're looking forward to the trip. It looks beautiful and we definately appreciate the cultural richness the city has to offer.
Old Jun 17th, 2010, 11:02 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
People react differently to heat and humidity. I don't mind it. Especially on vacation. It's not like you have to dress up and go to the office or anything! Just stay in or near the pool
Old Jun 18th, 2010, 07:41 AM

July is not that bad, you can have a wonderful time, with the kids, specially this year, heat has not been as strong as in other years, I have been here for 15 years, and it is my perception this year the heat and humidity haven't been that bad, taking in account we are getting close to the end of June, I am sure you will have a wonderful vacation in PV.
Old Jun 25th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Original Poster

thanks again for the replies- we will definately stay near the pool! I'm glad to hear it hasn't been as hot there this year, I'm not worried about myself, its just the little I was worried about. Thanks!!!!