Am I crazy?

Old Apr 30th, 2003, 07:27 PM
bquarre

Am I crazy?

Am I crazy to be thinking of visiting either Puerto Vallarta or Zihuatanejo in June or July? I know it is hot and rainy, but will it be unbearable? I've been to Zihua in March and it was fabulous. The deals on hotels seem to good to pass up. Help me out here.

Old Apr 30th, 2003, 07:38 PM
dp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been to both in July and it's really hot, but PV being more tropical, had more humidity. PV had a couple hours rain early evening and sometimes at night, but it didn't spoil our fun. It rained a couple times in Ixtapa/Zihua while we were there. We live in a hot and humid place, so we're use to it. It all depends on what you consider unbearable.
Old May 1st, 2003, 04:54 AM

In the winter it would not be so crazy to think about going to PV in June/July. But once it gets hot where you live, will you still want to go somewhere possibly hotter more humid? That said, I go to the desert in August so it depends on what makes you comfortable/uncomfortable.
As long as there is a/c in the hotel, why not go for it? Have fun.
Old May 1st, 2003, 10:03 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Well, I don't think it's crazy. I LOVE puerto vallarta and would go there any chance I got, any month of the year. It will be hot and humid, but most likely only rain a few hours in the evening or night.

I know a number of people who have moved to PV and live there year-round & they seem to be doing just fine. How 'unbearable' can it be if you're IN a swimming pool or sitting under a palapa on the beach having a cerveza or two???
Old May 2nd, 2003, 04:01 AM

You are one crazy fool!
Old May 2nd, 2003, 07:04 AM

The further south you go the hotter! Ask on the message boards at: www.zihuat.net and www.vallarta-info.com

Good luck y adios!