Getting married: Sheraton or Intercontinental PV

Mar 12th, 2004, 08:59 AM
cjh
Original Poster

Getting married: Sheraton or Intercontinental PV

We are getting married in November in Puerto Vallarta and have about 30-40 people who will be flying out there for the occassion. We are considering the Sheraton or the Intercontinental and I would like to get feedback on those hotels as potential wedding sights. We will be staying there for the week as well. We are looking for a top-notch hotel, clean, no bugs, not musty, updated, good food, good service, ammennities for our guests, nice beach. Any feedback?
Mar 13th, 2004, 06:14 AM

Definitely the Sheraton it is close to everything and they just remodeled the whole place due to hurricane. I am going in 2 weeks have been going for the last 15yrs however they were closed for the last 18 months so we tried other hotels, I would still go back here.I am assuming you are talking about the Intercontinental that is the Presidente, if you are it is really away from everything. I always go back to the Sheraton the only other hotel I would say is wonderful is the Camino Real although it is one of the older hotels they have everything there and they have a private beach and they are close to town but you cannot walk into town because the hotel is on a mountain road. If you need any other info you can e mail me at [email protected] I can give you more info on the hotel when I get back in April. I know it is going to be a wonderful vacation I feel like I am going back to my second home I only hope all my old friends are still working there.
Mar 13th, 2004, 10:34 AM
cjh
Original Poster

Thank you very much for your feedback. That was very helpful. We were also considering the RIU in Nuevo Vallarta for the wedding, but I have not found them to be very helpful. I noticed that you posted another wedding question reply and suggested wedding coordinator, Tamara Bradley. She was also recommended by the Sheraton although I have been trying to contact her for a week to no avail. We just booked a trip to PV for the first weekend in April so we can try and take a look at everything in person and make our arrangements. We don't seem to be getting much accomplished via e-mail. We are staying at the Sheraton and I am happy to hear that it looks like we made a great choice. If you have any pictures to share, I would love to see them. Thanks again!
Mar 15th, 2004, 09:15 AM

try www.vallarta weddings.com for Tamara Bradley she was a big help last year when my sister in law was thinking of getting married in P. V. I will contact you when I get back from the Sheraton the first week of April. Feel confident you made the right choice I have been going there for the last 15yrs tried other places but keep going back to this one. Will keep in touch and by the way Congratulations on your upcoming marriage I can't think of any other place to get married it is so romantic and beautiful.
Mar 15th, 2004, 03:36 PM

Butsey, I just bought a timeshare there and am wondering if you would share any info. with me. I am assuming you are talking about Buganvilias Resort. I am going there mid April and have a 1 bedroom. We will be 2 adults and two teens. I am hoping this is enough room for the week! How are the restaurants at the resort? Any recommendations about what to do and not to do there in P.V or the resort? I have been to P.V on day trips via a cruise but not for a week.Thanks
Mar 16th, 2004, 06:25 AM

There is so much to do so many many restaurants when I get back I will be glad to give you any info you need. WE usually go to one new restaurant every year and still try the one we have decided are the best. In the 1 bedroom time share it is 1 bedroom and a living room w/if I remember sofa bed. We stayed in the 1 br one year when the hotel was booked. I think you will be comfortable why don't you email the hotel and ask them at sheraton vallarta.com it explains all the rooms and condos. You can email me at [email protected], You are going to love P. V. and the Sheraton.