Reload this Page >

Gay-friendly resorts on Ambergris Caye?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 05:16 AM
Bill

Hello, <BR>My partner and I are planning a romantic getaway to Belize this Christmas and are looking for input on gay-friendly resorts. Any advice?<BR><BR>Thanks.

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 05:31 AM
Lan Sluder

There are no strictly gay resorts on Ambergris Caye. There used to be a small one on North Ambergris, but it closed a couple of years ago (closing unrelated to it being a gay hotel.)<BR><BR>Most hotel operators, or local residents, really don't care about the sexual orientation of guests, and San Pedro attracts tourists of all kinds and persuasions, but a certain discretion is still in order as Belize is still fairly conservative in this regard.<BR><BR>--Lan Sluder<BR>www.belizefirst.com

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 12:06 PM
Katie Valk

Give me some idea of what your price range is and what type of ambiance you are looking for and I'll offer suggestions for you to consider. Lan is right, we are very much live and let live and considering it's small size, San Pedro/Ambergris has a gay community of sorts. But no bars, restaurants or hotels that are gay-specific, we're way to small for that.<BR><BR><BR><BR>

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 03:36 PM
kerry

Hi. I just called and made a reservation at Victoria House and specifically asked how comfortable it would be for me and my partner (both women) and they were very welcoming and friendly. We decided to definitely stay there based on their response.

Old Sep 6th, 2002, 04:03 AM
katie valk

I'm very happy to hear that. You'll be very pleased with the inn, staff and management there, they really go out of their way for guests.