friends on holiday

Old Nov 4th, 2016, 10:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
friends on holiday

We're a group of anywhere from four to eight friends in our young late-30s/early-40s...
We've been vacationing in Vegas every winter for the past 5 years, & having a blast, but we/re starting to run out of things to do. This year, w/ the Canadian dollar lagging so far behind the USian one, we've decided it's time to head elsewhere. Currently, we're thinking an adult-only (non-romantic) all-inclusive vacation might be nice.
Ideally, we're looking for a 4+ star resort that will run us ~$1000 for 5nights, including airfare.

Gimme your best suggestions!
Old Nov 4th, 2016, 10:56 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Go to www.cheapcaribbean.com

Put in your departure airport (I don't know where in Canada you are leaving from).

Now pick a destination... I like Puerto Vallarta so looked at that on your behalf. There are quite a few All-Inclusives in the Hotel Zone there popping up in your price range (nost are not adults only though, you may have to give in on that one).
Old Nov 4th, 2016, 11:23 AM

Take a look at Catalonia Royal Tulum on Xpu-Ha beach, adult only, no dress code or dinner reservations. You might have to wait until Spring after Easter to get that price, your budget is pretty low for 4*, AO, and including air during high season. May have to compromise on something.
Puerto Vallarta is lovely but not a town I would do AI in, too many good restaurants in all price ranges.
Old Nov 4th, 2016, 11:46 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I agree about the PV restaurant scene, but plenty of people do go All-Inclusive there for the convenience or if they mostly want to relax and lounge, not necessarily be out and about in Vallarta exploring.

And there's a boatload of 4* AI resorts that pop up in their price range coming from Canada. I know from talking to people in PV who are from Canada (and reading TA forum) that there are some really low priced deals on short stays, packaged air & resort together from Canada (that we don't have as options in USA).
Old Nov 5th, 2016, 04:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You might want to look into a condo in the Playa del Carmen area. There are plenty of restaurants there. However, if you are big drinkers AI might be better.
I doubt you will find a 4 star in your price range unless you travel in low season and find a great sale.
Old Nov 6th, 2016, 03:51 AM

Sorry to say but 1000 including flight will be almost impossible to find... especially in the Mayan Riviera and more so, in an adult only AI.
You might be lucky and find a special from an agency, like, one week at Las Perlas, 3 star in Cancun on the lagoon side. Or add more dineros to your pot and start looking. Good luck to you.