Four Seasons in Costa Rica??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26th, 2004, 06:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are planning an 8 night trip to the For Seasons(I know it is pricy) and wanted to know if anyone has stayed or visited the hotel? Also, can I rent a car at the San Jose can, without hassle and not get really lost, driving to the hotel?

Is this area of Costa Rica worthy of access to a car for 4-5 days of our stay?

In mid-January is it a rainy period in the area? Thanks.
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 09:33 AM

No, it is the dry season. The drive from SJ to Four Seasons is relatively simple. Interamerican all the way until the last 20km or so. Yes, it is worth a car rental because the FS is isolated and you will enjoy being able to leave the property to go to Playa Hermosa, Coco, or other nearby beaches. We have visited the property. It is lovely and I'm sure you'll have a great time!
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 07:03 PM

My husband and two sons (11 and 12) stayed at the Four Seasons for 4 days mid-June and wished we stayed there longer. The property was beautiful and the service was great.

We also drove from the San Jose airport to the resort without any problems (it takes about 5 hours).

I would recommend either a car or tours from the property as you are rather isolated there. The concierge at the resort was very helpful as well.

Good luck and I know that you will enjoy your stay in Costa Rica.
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 08:16 AM
Original Poster

Why did you drive from San Jose rather than fly? Is the cost probititive? Also, howe far is the local airport from the resort (time and approximate taxi fare-often the Four Seasons' have picked us up but it has been 2-3 times more costly than a taxi.? Thanks.
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 09:29 AM

We were supposed to fly into Liberia but we missed our connection in Miami.
American Airlines flew us into San Jose as the only flights to Liberia are Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. We were almost grateful that we missed our connection and had to drive from San Jose as it allowed us to see more of Costa Rica and the ride was fun. Four Seasons was to meet us at the Liberia Airport to provide transportation.

I can't remember what the cost would have been for either the taxi or the resort transportation. I am most certain the hotel concierge could help you with that. It is approximately 40 minutes from the airport to the resort.

Hope the information helps.
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 11:22 AM

will be at this hotel next month, and also flying into san jose. The four seasons is sending a car and driver to pick us up. It is running about $240.00

Any other suggestions from those who have stayed there would be helpful