Search

Flights to Costa Rica

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13th, 2007, 06:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flights to Costa Rica

Help!
I am looking for some advice on my flight schedule from Minneapolis to San Jose (then to Tambor).
Here is my situation.

1. I connect between MNPLS and SJO in Houston. I have a 50 minute window for connection. I am not checking luggage. Can I make this connection? Do I have to do any customs or screening in Houston before making my SJO connection, or does that all happen in MNPLS?

2. My flight arrives in SJO at 3:00pm....my flight to TAMBOR leaves on SANSA at 4:20pm... can I make it through customs at SJO and make my SANSA connetion? (again, my luggage will be carry on)
Thank you to those that respond!

Old Jan 13th, 2007, 06:38 AM

Is the MPS-IAH-SJO leg all on the same airline & booked by them? If so, they won't book you an impossible connection. 50 minutes should be okay as long as your incoming flt is on time and hopefully your connecting flt is in the same terminal. The only thing you will do in Houston is change planes, custyoms & immigrations will be in SJO - and that can be very fast or very slow, just depends.

As far as SJO then over to Sansa. Again it all depends....if you get out of there by, at the latest 3:45, you should be fine. Take a left as soon as you get out of the terminal and run along the road to Sansa.

Actually, I make maps all day using GIS and sometimes google earth so one day I made this photo to show how close SJO & Sansa are and to give people an idea where they are. Let me go find somewhere to host it and I'll post it here.
Old Jan 13th, 2007, 06:46 AM

here ya go, unfortunately the size got reduced but you get the idea
http://pls.photosite.com/

Good luck on your transfers!
Old Jan 13th, 2007, 07:04 AM
Original Poster

Yes, the flight to SJO is all on Continental, and they claim its a normal connection. Thanks for your help....the picture is very valuable so I won't waste a minute when I get to SJO.
Old Jan 13th, 2007, 07:27 AM

Hi Tully! And the cats. . .

We've flown through Houston several times and will again in March. It will be on the return that you have to collect your luggage, clear customs, and recheck it. That takes more time.

Still, 50 min. can be tight if you have to change terminals (happens to us frequently in Dallas), especially if the first flight is delayed in the least. It will PROBABLY be okay, not much you can do if it isn't! Enjoy your time--we love the Tambor area.