Fishing information

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 10:51 AM
Stephen

Fishing information

I will be in CR in early November and I wanted to know how much I should intend to spend on a fishing trip. I will be in Tamarindo for 3 days and Manuel Antonio for 3 days. Which location would be the best? I am thinking about doing a 1/2 day trip to save money - do you think I should do a full day trip. Are there any suggestions on choosing a boat or a captain?

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 04:28 PM
David Cook

Check out the Tico Times website for more info on fishing; I understand that both spots you mention have fleets.

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 05:39 AM
Robbie

Quepos was a fishing town before it was a tourist town. There are many options for fishing here. We book two companies, Bluefin Sportfishing and Flouders. They are both quite popular. In the hgh season we book with Flamingo Bay Charters as well, but believe they are in Guanacaste during the month of November and are not offering charters here during our green season.
The best thng to do is decide based on how many people will be fishing.
If you are nterested n some of the discounts, I have some package prices typed out for Flounders so email me privately. It will give you an idea at least!
Best wishes,
Robbie
[email protected]

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 06:29 AM
Ilka

Tamarindo has about 10 charterboats ranging from $250 for a half day to $850 for a full day. All the boats are captained by their owners. If you like to go out for bill fish you should choose to do a full day. On a half day fish for bottom/reef fish like snapper and grouper. Most restaurants will prepare your fish for you.

Old Aug 31st, 2002, 03:04 PM
casey

The advantage of Tamarindo is that it's closer to the deep water, so you spend less time steaming and more time fishing. The advantage of Manuel Antonio is that in my opinion, it's a nicer place to visit and closer to San Jose.

Casey