Finca Rosa Blanca versus Vista del Valle

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8th, 2004, 04:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My family of four-two teenagers- will be travelling to CR inmid June.
3 nights Arenal
4 nights Manual Antonio
2 nights Vista del Valle or Finca Rosa Blanca

Where do you feel would be preferable to spend our last two nights? I can't decide between the two properties. They both look wonderful. Thank you.
Old Dec 13th, 2004, 09:20 AM

And they are both wonderful! Vista del Valle offers a lengthy hike to a waterfall plus a stable of horses, available for hire. We have stayed there several times in two different rooms, both imaginatively designed and decorated.
We also spent a couple of nights at Finca Rosa Blanca, which is a knockout of a lodging. Furnishings and wall paintings were done by the owners, the pool area is gorgeous, and the food superior to that at Vista del Valle. Finca may also have riding available, although I am not sure about that.
And, just to make your life a teeny bit more difficult, take a look at Xandari, also located in the San Jose outskirts.
This is a wonderful dilemma to have!
Carol L
Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 10:42 AM

Nancygol, we'll be in Costa Rica in June as well! We'll be visiting San Jose, Arenal, Monteverde, and Manuel Antonio for 2 weeks, returning home on June 29. I'm travelling with my husband, 22-year-old son and 2 daughters, 18 and 19 years.

Both Vista Del Valle and Finca Rosa Blanca are on my list too. Have you decided yet? For more info check my posting..."Costa Rica with biologist and poet: Comments on Itinerary?"

Have a great trip.
Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 10:46 AM

CAROLLL: I'm also looking at Vista Del Valle and Finca Rosa Blanca. Do you recall how far Finca Rosa Blanca is from the airport, and from downtown San Jose? Do you know if they offer transportation from the airport?

Gracias.
Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 12:44 PM
Original Poster

We did decide on Finca Rosa Blanca and have made a reservation there.However, I continue to read posts describing how wonderful that Vista del Valle seems to be. My concern is that we will have to eat at FRB(picky teenagers) b/c it may be isolated.-but I am not sure. I am also not sure if it is as centrally located asVista del Valle. It is hard to tell from their web site. If anyone can provide this info, I would be eternally grateful.
Thank you
Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 04:32 PM

Neither Finca nor Vista has a central location, by which I imagine you mean within close proximity to a town, etc. Finca is on the far edge of a town, but not within decent walking distance. Finca is probably a 20-25 minute drive from the San Jose airport. I believe they do offer an airport pickup.

Vista del Valle is probably a 45 minute drive outside San Jose, off the main highway leading westward. It is more remote than Finca Rosa Blanca.

Both are wonderful, small inns. It is hard to choose between them!
Carol L

If I were traveling with teens, I would write ahead to inquire about kitchen flexibility. You could go out for dinner but that would mean driving at night - not recommended in Costa Rica, given potholes, cows, and what not.