Search

Vista del Valle or Xandari

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 05:55 AM
leslie

Vista del Valle or Xandari

Can anyone help me here. Which is a better place to stay. Only interested in one night on the arrival side of the trip and then one more night at the end.

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 07:20 AM
Iza

We stayed at Xandari two years ago and Vista del Valle last year. We liked them both very much but preferred Xandari. The hotel grounds and the rooms at Xandari are more spacious and the views of the Central Valley from Xandari are spectacular. Vista del Valle has nice views of the Rio Grande Canyon Preserve. Vista del Valle is more cozy and homey, with the owners stopping by and chatting to the guests at dinner and breakfast. Xandari has a bit more formal atmosphere and if you are looking for seclusion that is the place to be. Xandari is closer to the international airport than Vista del Valle and I believe the airport pickup and drop off is still complementary at Xandari. <BR>You really can't go wrong with either of them. If you cannot decide, stay one night at each ;-)

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 07:58 AM
leslie

thanks for the reply. we will probably stay at both, one at the front end of the trip and the other at the end. we are travelling with children, do you think xandari is too formal for children?

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 11:20 AM
Iza

Leslie, we had our 6 year old daughter with us during our trip and we were fine at Xandari with her. She enjoyed the hike to their waterfalls.<BR>I would suggest you stay at Vista del Valle your first night and Xandari your last night in Costa Rica, as Xandari is much closer to the airport.

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 12:21 PM
Monica

We had our 20-month old daughter at Xandari and it was fine. The only problem we had there was that their restaurant had very slow service, and you know toddlers, they aren't the most patient of creatures! But I would still wholeheartedly recommend the place.

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 02:02 PM
Karen

Leslie, We just stayed at Xandari at the start and end of the trip. It is gorgeous.Plus, I understand that at Vista del Valle there is a set dinner, no menu. The grounds are so lovely. Service was outstanding and we were there on the fourth and the owners had a little spread in the bar to celebrate. Service at dinner was not slow when we were there. It was gorgeous. Stay there. Karen.

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 03:22 PM
leslie

thanks to all re your comments. looks like we will stay at xandari since the majority preferred it.