Fiesta Premier Resort and Spa

Jun 10th, 2004, 05:46 PM
Original Poster

Fiesta Premier Resort and Spa

My family which consists of myself, my husband and two sons ages 20 and 24 are going to CR in July and have reservations at the Fiesta Premier Resort and Spa.

Can anyone tell me about the resort. I know it was recently bought and remodeled in Nov. 03 but do not know much else. Is there anything I should be on the look out for or any tips that you might have would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Jun 10th, 2004, 06:26 PM

Mylisa,
My husband and I stayed at the other Fiesta for a couple of nights last August. Nothing fancy, but we enjoyed it. We have driven by this one, but haven't been on the property. Haven't talked to anyone who has stayed there either. We know a couple of the entertainment team who work there, but haven't spoken with them in awhile.

I can tell you a little bit about the area. There are 3 all-inclusives located on the Papagayo Peninsula. Fiesta, Allegro Papagayo, and Four Seasons. The Fiesta is the first one you come to as you travel off the main highway and onto the small peninsula.

It used to be Blue Bay Resort, and they were in the process of remodeling it when we by there last summer. Most of these all-inclusives are much the same. . .a little bit of beach, decent food, decent rooms, lots of activity during the day and evening, etc. The Four Seasons and Pardisus Conchal are considered more deluxe, with the new FS leading the pack (although the meal plan is separate there).

This is a very good area to enjoy some nice day trips, such as the Rincon de la Vieja. Go, if you get a chance! The tour operator at the hotel can book it for you. Horseback riding was fun (through the forest with a guide) as was the canopy tour, mud bath, and springs. Both include lunch and take pretty much a full day. Our kids were the age of yours when we stayed a week at Allegro and they really enjoyed the activities and the hotel. Costa Rica is a fascinating place--so much to do!

You will also be close to Playa Hermosa and Playa Coco. Hermosa is mostly just a beach area (hotels and restaurants), but Coco is a small town.

Have a great time! July is a good month--everything is so green and beautiful, and the afternoon showers (if and when they happen) are refreshing. Often, many days go without rain in this drier part of the country--even in July!

Jun 10th, 2004, 07:43 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Shillmac!!!
We will only be there for 4 days *big sigh* but it sounds like that all day tour you mentioned would be right up our alley. I will check into it immediately upon arrival.
Thanks again for responding.
Jun 11th, 2004, 07:07 AM
Original Poster

Isn't there anyone who has been to this resort?
Jun 12th, 2004, 05:23 AM

Hi, I never stayed there but chek this site out for some reviews:

http://www.debbiescaribbeanresortrev...iestaprem.html

Good luck and have fun
Jun 30th, 2004, 05:07 AM

Mylisa, we're also thinking of going to the Fiesta Premier in July. What travel arrangements are you making from the San Jose airport to the resort?

Thanks!
Jun 30th, 2004, 11:19 AM
Original Poster

We are flying directly into Liberia which I understand is only about 20 or so minutes to the resort.
If you haven't done so already check out this website for lots of pictures of the resort.
http://www.1-costaricalink.com/hotel...ctures_eng.htm
Sep 10th, 2004, 08:10 AM

I am arriving on Oct 30 for a week with my husband and two children, ages 2 1/2 and 6 months old. I would appreciate any suggestions anyone has on what to do as far as tours-time from the hotel? Services at the hotel for babysitting? Thank you.
Sep 10th, 2004, 10:27 AM

Most tours leave in the morning just after breakfast. Depending on which tour you take they can range from a fews hours to an all day outing. I'm not sure about baby sitting sevices as we didn't take our kids along. This resort isn't what I'd call "Kid Friendly". Don't get me wrong, It's a beautiful resort and very well looked after but it's designed more for the adult tourist. We didn't see many kids there when we stayed there in February.
That being said, I hope you and your family have a great time in Costa Rica. It's a beautiful country and you've chosen a great resort to experience it from.

Mike
Sep 10th, 2004, 01:04 PM

Have a great time, and don't forget to post when you return. Fodor's needs a good review of the new Fiesta Premier. When you are there, look for Roberto (from Nicaragua). He should be part of the activity/entertainment staff. If you see him, tell him Jill and family said hello! We met him several years ago when he was working at Allegro Papagayo. Last time we saw him he had gone to work for Fiesta (the old one in Puntarenas, and then took a job at the new one in Papagayo). We've lost touch!
Oct 11th, 2004, 02:09 PM

i am planning on staying at fiesta premier from october 15th to the 23rd with my girlfriend and two others. after months of research i finally decided upon this resort, it has received the best reviews by far in the area.
the green season is supposed to be the prettiest, but bugs may be a problem. i've heard a lot of stories and done a lot of research and i believe this resort is the best for what myself and friends are looking for. feel free to ask if you have any questions...
Oct 11th, 2004, 02:18 PM

In the evenings, after 5:00 or so, do use some repellant. Those little no-see-um bites are torturous! Have fun!
Oct 25th, 2004, 07:31 AM

i just returned from staying at this resort for 7 days and have nothing but praise. i have nothing bad to say about anything. the food, accomidations, and entertainment were all excellent. so much to say... i will be going back.
if you have any questions, feel free to ask me at [email protected]
Oct 28th, 2004, 06:56 AM

I will be arriving on Oct 30 for 7 nights. Cant wait. Hotel confirmed room near pool for us-I have two children-2 1/2 and 7 months. Anyone use the babysitting service? I am very hesitant to do that. Any recommentations for tours?

Search this Thread