Search

Fickle about Mexico

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15th, 2004, 02:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fickle about Mexico

Does anyone know how Puerto Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas compare to the beaches and ocean temps in the Yucatan? (i.e. Cancun)
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 05:07 PM

If you are fussy about water than stay on the East coast.
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 05:48 PM

Right.

The truth is they really don't compare. The beaches along the Caribbean range from stunning to magnificent. On the other hand, the Pacific coast may have the great sunsets, but their sand is coarser, the beaches shorter, and the surf generally rougher. Still great places to be, but if the beaches and ocean temps are your bag, you really want to be in Cancun or along the Mayan Riviera...

Have fun!
Mark
www.tiogringo.com
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 07:31 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I love Puerto Vallarta, but you'd go there more for the town itself - the local people and establishments, the great atmosphere and scenery, plus shopping, tons of restaurants, art galleries, tours... whatever interests you.

Cabo and PV are completely different beach-wise, one the tip of a desert peninsula the other sheltered in a large bay with moutains and jungles surrounding.

The Caribbean side has the classic blue water and white sands.
Old Jan 16th, 2004, 05:38 AM

I love the beaches in Cancun white sand and blue water however that is all it has to offer nothing else. If you want to just chill out on the beach or by the pool and do nothing else then Cancun will be fine. If you want tropical weather w/beautiful mountain scenery w/great sunsets and great restaurants and a great town that has character and wonderful people than P. Vallarta is the place for you there is so much more to see and do. Of course they do have beach but not like Cancun and of course it's on the Pacific which is blue but not like the Caribbean. Si I agree w/the others if it's character and much more go to P. Vallarta if you want just beach then Cancun or that area is your best best. Good luck
Old Jan 16th, 2004, 08:05 AM

Cabo's beaches are not good, a lot are not even swimmable. No comparison to the beautiful blue of the Carribbean!
Old Jan 16th, 2004, 08:48 AM
maletas

Ive been to all three places and I say its Puerto Vallarta hands down. Playa del Carmen was pretty and is the prettiest beach of all 3 places but it lacked the atmosphere of Puerto Vallarta. Cabo was nice when I was there 4 years ago during the month of February. However, the water was nippy and I am from New England.
If you want a beach, go to Tahiti. Then again don't because you will be forever spoiled.
PS. Bermuda is gorgeous and the water is almost as beautiful as what I saw in French Polynesia.