Cancun or Puerto Vallarta???

Aug 21st, 2002, 09:34 AM
ARf

Cancun or Puerto Vallarta???

What would you choose and why?

Thanks for any help.

Aug 21st, 2002, 09:44 AM
Jenn

Cancun and Puerto Vallarta are very different destinations. Cancun is on the east coast and PV is on the west. PV used to be a fishing village. They have since constructed some very beautiful resorts and hotels. They town is very quaint with lots of handmade items for sale. There is commercialation but not to the degree that Cancun has.

Cancun offers tons of hotels and resorts, for families, singles, and couples. As well as every type of dining option imaginable. The beaches are large. However, this destination is not for everyone. For the traveler looking for a more relaxed atmosphere, I would recommend Playa del Carmen, 40 miles south of Cancun. Beautiful all-inclusive resorts, set in a lush tropical rain forest area. Huge beaches!

Hope this helps some.

Aug 21st, 2002, 03:24 PM
xx

What brochure did you read that from Jenn?

Aug 22nd, 2002, 03:26 AM
xxx

You'll probably get more responses to this on the Latin America board. However, my vote goes to PV.

Aug 23rd, 2002, 06:35 AM
diane defonza

My whole family went to Puerta Vallarta last year around Easter time.
It was one of the most beautiful vacations I've ever had. We stayed at the La Jolla de Mis Maloya. It was my first experience with an all-inclusive. The hotel was imaculate. They used this certain cleaner on the tiles that smelled so good. I still remember it and they mop constantly. The pool is awesome with a water fall in the middle. Bring a tube and just float. It winds around. The beaches are disappointing if you think you are going to get cyrstal blue water. You are not. If that's what you want go to Cancun, which is really beautiful too. They're just different. In Puerta Vallarta, go horse back riding in the mountains. Oh, my goodness. I'm totally novice but it was the highlight of my trip. They take you up to the location where Arnold Swartzenaager shot one of his movies...Predator I think. There's this water rock slide there. Only in Mexico! I also highly suggest you go into town to eat and explore. My family and I ate in a lot of different restaurants and NOONE got sick. They have a purification system in the area.
We even had dinner in this restaurant built into a tree by our hotel. You walk through a little village to get there. It was sooooo cool. The food was really good too and we are very particular. Anyway, I think if you are into action you should go to cancun. If you want relaxation and local flavor go to Puerta Vallarta. Oh, the food at the hotel...breakfast was excellent...alot of fresh fruit. Lunch we could always find something...fresh avacodo over a salad ... the buffets were the least to be desired for dinner...long lines. One night practically my whole left and went to bed because the line was ridiculously long. Overall, it was a magical vacation. I highly recommend that hotel. It will make your trip.

Aug 29th, 2002, 09:30 AM
Elaine

No contest PV by far.......It is beautiful, unlike cancun which looks like concrete heaven, PV has beautiful water, hotels and resturants built on top of mountains, it is breath taking.