Feedback on aero mexico

Old Mar 20th, 2003, 08:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Feedback on aero mexico

we are thinking about booking a flight from jfk to cancun on aero mexico. I have not heard any information about this airlines. I would appreciate any feedback about the airlines
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 09:13 AM

I've been traveling Aeromexico, Aerocaribe and Mexicana for years with nothing but great results.
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 09:48 AM

Agree with Diana. Aeromexico is Mexicos largest carrier and I have flown them often. Unlike U.S. carriers, they still serve good, hot meals as well as free drinks, both alcoholic and non, in both classes.
Enjoy!
Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 10:02 AM

Just to piggy-back on previous posts...I agree good airline...also, when you check in at gate ask about upgrades to first class. we upgraded from Atlanta for $100 per person and it was well worth it!
Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 03:12 PM

Oh Greenie.
It should be $50 per person!
Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 04:47 PM

Travel on Aeromexico frequently. I prefer it to domestic U.S carriers. Enjoy. Also, it is, or recently was, the number one on time airline in the world.
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 09:00 AM
bomotrix

Likely you will be offered an upgrade to first class for a ridiculously low sum of $50 or $75 USD (probably $75 to JFK). Don't even hesitate -- buy the upgrade, even if just to get away from the partying spring breakers in coach. Plus, if you charge your upgrade, they will charge it in pesos and the way the exchange rates are now, it probably will end up being less than $50/$75. I flew Aero Mexico for the first time 2 weeks ago and was quite happy with them. In Cancun they had a gate change without announcing it, but that may be more of a Cancun thing than an Aero Mexico thing, so just keep checking the monitors.

Old Mar 31st, 2003, 10:56 PM

I've been flying with Aeromexico for several years and have nothing but good things to say about them. They are *FAR* better than any U.S. carrier you've ever flown.

Aeromexico is the number 1 airline worldwide for on-time arrivals. Most years, they have about half the number of delays per thousand cycles as the top-performing U.S. flag carrier. (Yeah, you COULD still get a late flight, but odds are, it won't happen.)

I like Aeromexico because of the top-notch service I get with them (like decent food, even in coach). I also appreciate that they don't pull the "nickel and dime" crap that U.S. carriers do, like charging you chump change if you ask for a beer or margarita. Yeah, small potatoes in and of itself, but it goes to the heart of service, and it's part of the reason why I *ALWAYS* fly Aeromexico over other airlines, when I have the choice.

Buen viaje!
Mark