estancias

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20th, 2004, 01:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
estancias

We'll be arriving in Buenos Aires at the end of February, would like to visit an "estancia", any good suggestions?
It seems estancia Santa Susana is very popular with all the tourists.
Gracias!!!
Old Dec 20th, 2004, 03:56 PM

hi gloriamaria
yes the estancia santa susana is very popular among the tourists. but it is not the only one that offers the gaucho party which is a sort of combination of horse riding, activities, barbecue, folklore, tango and what not. Now there are many others that offer the same and probably the place is more an estancia than the s.susana.
if you want to stay in the countryside with a more relaxing day no shows but good food, pool, better horses carriages, and country activities + fishing go for others. i.e San Antonio de Areco.or in Max Paz to cite only two cities.
regards,
Old Jun 15th, 2005, 02:55 AM

Hi, I spend a full day at Estancia Los Dos Hermanos,
www.estancialosdoshermanos.com and really loved it. This is a estancia that focus in horse riding. They have excellent horses and the day before they call you to know how well do you ride in order to match you with the right horse. In my case, I am a poor rider,and believe me not only I had a tame yet nice horse but I was able to gallop. THis was a wonderful feeling.
I did not stay there over night although they have very nice little cottages to this effect. We arrived around ten am , a continental breakfast was waiting for us. Ater some chatting with the other guests and Ana the charming owner. We were fitted into some kind of leather protectors . These go in the lower part of the leg, as if they were some kind of a boot. I wore a jean and it was perfect.
The Dos Hermanos Estancia focus on riding horses, they do not do a tourist show. They have a pool too and offer a delicious lunch on filet mignon and salads, a five o'clock tea with great pastries and the choice of tea, coffee, or traditional mate. But the main activity is horse riding, if anyone is not in the mood, they also have antique horse carriages to go around.
They offer two rides one in the morning of about one hour and a half and one after lunch of 3 hours and a half. Both times riders are accompanied by two instructors, and the landscape is beautiful. I loved to know first hand the Pampas and to feel part of a real cabalgata.
Everything the two rides and food was $45
I wholehartly recommend this estancia. My visit was on May,2005, for me been in a real estancia and been with the owners all the time was like been with friends.
Old Jul 2nd, 2005, 12:44 PM

We also were fortunate to visit Dos Hermanos estancia. Our family rode horses for 5 hours (we are beginners), had wonderful meals and learned about Argentina from our kind hosts. We also enjoyed Santa Susana but it doesn't compare. Simply email Ana and she will arrange everything. Happy travels
Old Jul 2nd, 2005, 06:38 PM

As i have posted before in this forum , Estancia Los 2 Hermanos in Zarate ( 70 minutes from BA by car) is an excellent choice. A family runned Biz, non touristy
and with focus on horse riding , a good BBQ, and not expensive compared to other choices. Really an authentic Estancia day with excellent hosts ( Ana is a sweety!)
Ask Pancho to take you to the old panaderia ( breadstore)where they still use an old oven powered by wood.