Encuentros Spanish School?

Old Mar 30th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Encuentros Spanish School?

I'm just back from studying at CPI in Costa Rica and am planning my next trip! I'm looking for something closer--a direct flight from Chicago with no more than 1-2 hours bus/car from there--and came across Encuentros in Cuernavaca.

It was highly rated on the 123 spanish school Web site, but I'd love to hear about any personal experiences (good or bad).

FYI, I'm in my mid30s and am most interested in intensive language/cultural experience.

I appreciate any insights, and am also open to recommendations of other schools that fit my criteria!

Best,
Melissa
Old May 21st, 2007, 06:33 PM

I studied at Universidad Bilingue and enjoyed it. Muchos Americanos en el verano. But it's small and classes are 5 people. You can stay with a family if you want to learn real spanish.
Old May 28th, 2007, 04:59 PM

Melissa: try this link:

www.langlink.com

they do a great job on high quality language schools. I have done 5 of their schools, one being in Cuernavaca and can vouch for their quality. They don't do schools in all countries but in the main ones.
Old Jan 1st, 2008, 02:10 PM

There are many schools in Cuernavaca, my favorite based on my own personal experience is Instituto Chac-Mool. Check out websites of the schools you are interested in, don't trust "ranking" websites to tell you the truth.
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 09:28 AM

I studied Spanish at Instituto Chac-Mool again this summer and still highly recommend it. I learned tourism is down and some schools in Cuernavaca have been closing their doors. There were a lot of students at Instituto Chac-Mool, but not quite as many as the last summer I studied there. They were confident that they'd not have to close like the lesser known schools.