Electricity at Royal Hideaway

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28th, 2003, 08:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had read somewhere that many outlets in Mexico will not accomodate a plug that has one larger prong and one smaller one. Does anyone know about the outlets at the Royal Hideaway? Did you have to use a converter? My hairdryer has two different size prongs and I was worried that I won't be able to use it there. Thanks for your help!
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 08:13 PM
Original Poster

Help!
Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 04:46 AM

I did not have any problem using a hairdryer in the outlets at RH. Actually, I have been to several resorts in Mexico and haven't encountered any problems with the outlets at all.
Old Jul 5th, 2003, 06:33 PM
Original Poster

Thank you so much!
Old Jul 6th, 2003, 07:34 PM

No problem with the outlets at the RH. They do have hairdryers in the room but you have to hold down the on button. My husband solved this problem for me by putting a plastic tie (the kind you have to cut off) around the button holding it in the on position. When I was finished with it I just unplugged it. The maids didn't remove it the whole time we were there. When we left, we left the tie on for the next room occupants.
Old Jul 7th, 2003, 08:40 AM

To Angiedora: How was the quality of the hairdryer at the Royal Hideaway? (We are going in October) My experience from other hotels is that the hairdryers that most hotels provide are low wattage and I usually bring my own anyway. I would rather not bring my own if the hair dryer at Royal Hideaway is powerful enough. Please advise.
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 10:21 AM

Hi Bisabella, I was very happy with the hairdryer at RH. It dried my hair faster than my home hairdryer. I thought this was a funny thing to have in the room of an AI resort, but our room had a scale! I actually found the nerve to step on it after stuffing myself on the breakfast at Spices. I gained 4 pounds in 4 days, but boy was it ever worth it!
Old Jul 9th, 2003, 04:36 AM

Hi Angiedora, Thanks for the info. I'm glad, now I can eliminate one cumbersome piece in my luggage. Do you have any recommendations for a "good" room? I am told we can request a particular room or building. Also, how did you find the entertainment and the dinner shows?
Old Jul 25th, 2003, 11:41 AM
Original Poster

I ended up bringing and using my own hair dryer at the RH and I blew a fuse. We lost all the electricity in our room and I killed my hairdryer. I ended up using the one in the room. Oops.