El Murmullo

Old Aug 9th, 2004, 08:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
El Murmullo

Can anyone tell me anything about El Murmullo at La Casa Que Canta? I know it is a private residence but I am interested in finding out about the butler/concierge service, and if it is too small/private to stay in one of the suites if you don't know the other people staying there? Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Aug 9th, 2004, 09:42 AM

It is great. The butler/concierge service is unbelievable. They will do anything for you. It is small, but if you don't know the other people it really wouldn't be that bad. LCQC isn't that big either. We ended up staying there with one other couple and we ended up friends and had a great time. I could not recommend it more!
Old Aug 9th, 2004, 10:36 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick reply. I am still waiting to hear from the hotel regarding availability. How does it work with the butler...are the services extra or is it included in the price of the room...how does it work with the food? Which room did you stay in? Sorry for all the questions but please humor a fellow long suffering Jets fan (season ticket holders for years )
Old Aug 9th, 2004, 11:43 AM

The butler services are included. They do not allow you to tip them, which is a shame, because they're great. At the end of your stay, you pay a 10% service charge on all your food and drinks. It would be the same if you just stayed at LCQC. It is up to you what meals you want to eat there. You can eat in town or just call/tell them you want breakfast or dinner. They will serve it to you wherever you want - by the pool, in your room, at the dining table, etc. During the day, the butler will bring you water, cold towels and even appetizers for free. He will also bring you drinks, but you have to pay for them. Basically, you do not need to move all day. We stayed in Serenata Surena. It was really nice. The penthouse suite is amazing. If you have any other questions, let me know.
Old Aug 9th, 2004, 01:37 PM
Original Poster

How close is it to LCQC? Did you use the pools there or was it really not necessary to leave Murmullo? I would imagine that you wouldn't want to leave, but we may go have a drink at the bar, etc. at the main property. Any advice about going out in Ixtapa for the night? Thanks so much for all the info.....
Old Aug 10th, 2004, 05:23 AM

The pool at Murmullo is so nice and relaxing, but you may want to spend a few hours at LCQC and use their pools. There is a salt water pool there that is cool and the views are cool. They are right next door and there is a special door you can go through. It takes like 2 minutes. Ixtapa is more large hotel oriented. It is about a 15 min cab ride. There is a Carlos & Charlie's which is fun, and most of the hotels have bars/restaurants. There is one that you take a cable car up to. I think it is called El Faro. Also in Ixtapa there is a restaurant called Villa de la Selva?? which is nice. Zihua, to me, is so much better. It is more authentic and laid back. There is a cool restaurant called Puerto Mio across the bay and also right down the road from LCQC is KauKan which was really good and had good views. If you want I will send you some pictures. When are you going?
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 09:22 AM
Original Poster

We are thinking of going the second or third week of September, depending on work schedules. Thanks so much for all of the advice...I will post if we decide to definitely book the trip!
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 09:47 AM
ezd

We are going in December. What do you recommend between Serenata Surena Suite and Sueno Guajiro Suite? How private is the outdoor area for these suites? Alternatively, do you know how these suites compare to a Master Private Pool Suite at La Casa Que Canta? Thank you.
Old Mar 5th, 2005, 05:08 PM

I was thrilled to find this thread but the most recent post did not have a reply...Jetsfan or ezd, can you follow up and let me know which of the mini-suites you recommend at El Murmollo OR if you think a pool suite at LCQC is better? We are planning a trip there and are trying to figure out which of the two to stay at (it's just the two of us and we aren't sure about sharing El Murmullo with strangers so any additional feedback/info would be appreciated) but we want the utmost privacy during our stay. Thank you!