Day trips from Puerto Vallarta

Sep 23rd, 2002, 02:57 PM
Mazzy

Day trips from Puerto Vallarta

Can anyone recommend any good daytrips from PV? We would love to do Gudalajara or another town that is interesting. Any ideas?

Sep 23rd, 2002, 03:24 PM
Susan

I'm interested in the same. We'll be in PV for a couple of days, then Sayulita for a week. We then have 4 more days before we fly home. I think that Guadalajara is about 5 hours by bus - I'm not sure if I want to spend that much time on the bus, however I don't know what else would be closer. So I'd appreciate some ideas as well.

Sep 23rd, 2002, 03:28 PM
JRinPV

Please first look at this page
http://vallarta-info.com/puertovallarta5.html
any questions after that I'd be glad to answer

Sep 23rd, 2002, 03:55 PM
PV fan

Guadalajara is ~4-5 hrs. by bus and has day or overnight routes available.

Having vacationed several times a year in PV for 10 years now, I've yet to go anywhere besides maybe a 1/2-day trip via local bus out to the beaches north or south (!!) because I find the town of Puerto Vallarta itself endlessly fascinating and entertaining. If you get off the beaten path within town, there is so much to see.

Sep 24th, 2002, 10:07 AM
Susan

JRinPV, thanks for your reference. Unfortunately the places that really interest me are even further than Guadalajara! I guess we'll play it by ear.

To PV fan, I agree that there is probably a lot to see in Puerto Vallarta, but that's so true of almost any area of Mexico! (It's been a long time, but I've been to Puerto Vallarta several times - used to go ther in the mid-80's.) Every time I'm down there, I learn about another part of the country that I want to visit. People ask why I keep going back to Mexico, but we usually visit new areas and there's still more to see!

Sep 24th, 2002, 11:00 AM
pv fan

Thanks Susan. I certainly understand your perspective. A lifetime is not long enough to explore all of the country, I am sure. Happy travels!

Sep 24th, 2002, 02:29 PM
c.z.

I looked at the recommended websites on daytrips from PV but didn't read any mention about traveling to Guadalajara. Is it possible by car? How long does it take and what are the roads like? Safe, in good shape?
Thanks for any advice.

Sep 24th, 2002, 04:26 PM
not much help

for c.z.

Certainly it must be possible. And probably near the same time as on the bus, I'd assume 4-5 hours. Sorry can't answer specific. Everyone I've known in PV who did a few days in Guad went on the bus.

Hopefully a driver will read this & answer (or you might want to start a new thread with this specific question).

Sep 24th, 2002, 04:33 PM
Mazzy

Thanks! I will check out the websites you all offered. Then I am sure I will be back here with more questions!