Search

Cuzco or Lima

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 06:58 PM
Traveller

Cuzco or Lima

We will be going to Peru next May with a tour. We planned on going there a couple of days early and were wondering if those two days best spend in Lima or Cuzco. We will be heading for the Inca Trail 3 days later.<BR>Thanks in advance.<BR>

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 02:50 PM
Karen

Traveller,<BR>Between Lima and Cusco, I would chose Cusco. While Lima has many great museums, interesting neighborhoods and charming Plazas, Cusco is smaller, less conjested, with just as good museums and plazas, and, in my opinion, better. Plus, in Cusco, you could visit the Sacred Valley and go to the Pisac market (great bargains!) before hitting the trail. Also, Cusco is easy to get around (all cabs are S/2.00 per ride no matter how long or short), and the main plaza is beautiful both day and night. Try to have dinner on the balcony of one of the cafes in the plaza, for a beautiful view of the city at night.<BR>Have a great trip!<BR>Karen

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 09:42 AM
james

cuzco is much more tourist friendly, and altogether a nicer experience, also where you will start your MP hike/tour

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 09:45 AM
Marilyn

Cuzco -- a no-brainer in my opinion. It's a great place! Also, you will have the chance to get a bit acclimatized to the altitude before starting your hike. (This is REALLY a good idea, believe me.)

Old Oct 13th, 2002, 02:46 PM
Linda

We were in Peru in September -- 2 nights (arriving/departing) in Lima, 2 nights in jungle lodge ExplorNapo, 2 nights in Cusco - not enough time there, 1 night Machu Picchu (Aguas Calientes), 2 nights in Sacred Valley (Urubamba), and 1 night in Nasca. Our ONLY regret was not having more time in Cusco. Cusco and Sacred Valley were our favorite places (aside from Machu Picchu).

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 11:17 AM
Rob

CUZCO, absolutely, absolutely Cuzco.