Need any info about Roatin Bay Islands

Jun 28th, 2002, 06:52 AM
Lisa

Need any info about Roatin Bay Islands

My family and I will be taking a Western Caribbean Cruise in August. We are having a difficult time finding any information about Roatin Bay Islands, off the coast of Honduras. We can't find anyone who has ever been there. Can anyone help?

Jul 1st, 2002, 08:39 AM
TC

I've been there. What would you like to know? Send an email to my address with your questions and I'll try to help. Roatan is beautiful. I'm certain that your cruise will offer a day trip to Tabanya Bay Beach (West Bay Beach). It is a spectacular beach with wonderful snorkeling right from shore. This is the place where we stayed. Write.

Jul 1st, 2002, 12:54 PM
Liza Hintze

Well, it's been a few years. If you don't scuba, you might be disappointed. Some of the most beautiful reefs in the world.

Jul 9th, 2002, 02:11 PM
TC

Liza: Couldn't disagree more - you don't have to dive to appreciate Roatan. The shore snorkeling is amazing. Our divers agreed - they saw just as much beauty snorkeling as diving.

Jul 29th, 2002, 01:59 PM
Liliana

Lisa:

I am a Honduran and the last time I went to Roatan was about three years ago. It is beautiful! I am not a diver and every time I've been there has been great. I would highly recommend the Anthony's Key Resort if you are planning to stay overnight, although there are plenty of nice hotels that offer better prices than this one.

You might want to check out the site: www.honduras.com

Nov 4th, 2002, 09:44 PM
Jeff

A better site for getting info about Roatan: www.roatanet.com

Nov 7th, 2002, 11:18 AM
Pam

I went about 8 years ago it was great - cheap, great scenery, fantastic beach snorkeling. Stayed on West End beach. HOWEVER - I recently read an article in a book (Searching for Paradise Thurston Clarke) that really trashed the place -said the development got out of control, now gets the cruise ship crowd, etc.