Search

Cozumel or Puerto Vallarta?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:59 PM
Lisa

Cozumel or Puerto Vallarta?

Haven't been to either place and would love some suggestions.

Old Dec 23rd, 2002, 01:57 PM
Rahul

Puerto vallart beautiful town, good restaurants, good nightlife, so-so beaches, grey-green water<BR><BR>Cozumel - great diving gorgeous water so-so beaches, boring unless you're a diver. go to Playa del Carmen instead - better beach, nightlife, restaurants, same water<BR><BR>

Old Dec 24th, 2002, 09:15 PM
PV

Puerto Vallarta for a bit of authentic charming lovely Mexico mountains jungle shopping restaurants cobblestone streets red tile roofs black wrought iron bouganvilla vines overgrown. Stay in the Old Town away from the resorts.<BR><BR>If you are into diving snorkeling white sand beaches water activities than go to the Caribbean side instead.

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 11:57 AM
Lisa

Thanks for your responses. We did decide on PV and are looking forward to it. Sounds like a lovely place. Unfortunately we booked in the hotel zone because the price was right (it was before I saw the responses). I hope we will still be able to enjoy the city!?!? We are staying at the Qualton. Has anyone been there recently? Any comments would help.

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 05:59 PM
JRinPV

Qualton is quite close to downtown, go across the river and things will be a lot cheaper. Here's a map<BR>http://vallarta-info.com/hotelzone.html